BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based, freelance Affiliate Video Producer/Editor for a three-month project with the option to extend. This role will focus on cracking new affiliate video formats, series, & affiliate revenue opportunities, with an emphasis on featuring internal BuzzFeed talent. Were looking for someone with a keen eye for identifying organic product opportunities who can speak authentically to the BuzzFeed audience, though previous affiliate experience is not required. This role will be producing & editing content for multiple social platforms you should be equally capable of making a quick-hit TikTok as a longer-form YouTube video. There will also be opportunities to pitch in on branded partnerships. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic digital native with a passion for making shareable content. This role reports to the Lead Producer of Affiliate Video & is based in New York or Los Angeles.
- Produce, direct & edit affiliate video content for various social platforms, developing entertaining formats that drive conversion
- Partner with internal BuzzFeed talent to build fresh new shows & one-offs around their skills & interests
- Brainstorm & pitch opportunities for original affiliate videos
- Contribute to notes & feedback for other team members videos
- Create occasional content in response to client RFPs
- Work to meet monthly quotas & help define conversion benchmarks
- Work with brand leads & leads across the content organization to identify affiliate opportunities
- Identify when an area of focus isnt working & pivot
- Immerse yourself in the world of video commerce to identify exciting new content opportunities
- Experience producing & editing live-action video content for a variety of platforms & social networks
- Experience working with & brainstorming around talent
- Interest and/or background in working with products & review content
- Ability to ideate around livestreams, live-to-tape content, & short form content
- A passion for video metrics & the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
- You are self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, & able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience or interest in lifestyle content is a plus
No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.