Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking to add an Associate Director, Vertical Integration to our team. As Associate Director, Vertical Integration, you will take the lead in developing HelloFreshs co-manufacturing capabilities, spearheading the development & deployment of new capabilities, while building & developing a team to enable continued scale. We're searching for a visionary leader who is excited to build something meaningful & share it with the world!
- Identify opportunities to expand HFs external 3PL/Co-Man vendor network to increase capacity, realize scalable cost-savings, & unlock new strategic capabilities.
- Work jointly with the HF Procurement, Operations, & Food Safety teams to identify network synergies & launch co-manufacturing lines that drive savings & double-down on efficiencies.
- Negotiate & enact contracts for new & existing vendors throughout HFs co-man & 3PL network that drive cost-savings, set a standard for excellence, & foster partnerships & collaboration.
- Collaborate with ELT/SLT Leadership to set long-term strategic direction for the Vertical Integration network that enables strategic depth & cost-savings.
- Provide cross-functional leadership to our co-manufacturing network & immerse yourself in daily operations to optimize productivity, promote growth, encourage innovation ideas, & add to an excellent culture.
- Create & prioritize implementation of processes & frameworks that drive day-to-day efficiency in a hyper-growth environment, effectively engaging, motivating & directing the team to ensure on-time & accurate delivery of co-manufactured orders
- Motivate, develop, & grow a high-performing Operations team that raises the bar for operational excellence & delivers a world-class customer experience.
- Ensure continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, & delivery while growing & expanding capabilities within the vendor network
- Bold: youre adventurous, outgoing & optimistic; youre confident making decisions, exercising exceptional judgement, & taking calculated risks
- Entrepreneurial in Spirit: you have vision, passion & imagination; you are not afraid to ask what if & constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams & cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels & departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging & use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience & strive to deliver a product that is second to none
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelors degree or 8+ years managing fulfillment & production operations in food, beverage, or perishables, manufacturing or distribution. Masters or MBA a plus but not required
- Demonstrated success at delivering new product initiatives in both a large company & start-up environments
- Demonstrated success developing, negotiating & executing commercial contracts with suppliers & manufacturers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, develop & manage a growing team in a dynamic & fast-paced department - our culture is a critical part of our success, & you are directly responsible for driving it
- Ability to think strategically & communicate at the executive level, coupled with top-notch organizational skills & attention to detail
- Excitement for working in an environment with a high level of ambiguity & change
- A comprehensive background in Operations & Vendor Management
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- A collaborative, team oriented working style
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran