Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about storytelling & leveraging data & customer use cases to tell our brand story.
As part of our global brand & communications team, youll play a major role in supporting communications efforts across the company -- from working with senior leaders on media & opportunities to driving key launch initiatives for product & corporate news. Youll also lead our bi-annual developer survey, Currents, & help develop our Customer Stories program -- two critical initiatives for the entire marketing organization.
This role requires experience in technology PR, communications, & writing, ideally for a developer audience. You must be able to talk about technology intelligently & enthusiastically to all levels of a tech company from a CTO to an architect to a developer. Passion, curiosity, & excellent communication skills are required.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Driving PR activity across multiple regions: Helping to shape our external narrative around launches & company news; working closely with spokespeople on media & analyst engagements.
- Owning our developer survey, Currents: From concept to creation youll be responsible for coming up with the survey themes, questions & report & shaping the external narrative around our findings.
- Cultivating customer stories: Youll be fully entrenched in our customer base, helping to tell their stories from a PR & marketing perspective.
- Drafting content for external comms: Spanning press releases, bylined articles, speaker abstracts, award submissions, as well as strategic internal & customer communications
- Working across multiple teams: From product & marketing to social & support, youll be a key resource for all communications activity across the organization.
What Well Expect From You:
- Technology PR experience (In-house or agency)
- Technical background with the ability to engage with software developers
- Detail-oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with ability to explain complicated concepts in clear & concise terms
- Should be a self-starter - highly self motivated & entrepreneurial
- Flexibility in regards to work schedule & travel
- Passion for technology & solid knowledge of enterprise IT requirements & cloud offerings available in the market
- Experience with high pressure environments & occasional short turnaround times
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!