Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Virtual Care Operations Associate to join our Member Programs team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As part of our mission to change healthcare, Oscar offers members access to free, unlimited telehealth services. We work with a dedicated group of telemedicine doctors who provide virtual services exclusively for Oscar members. Our telemedicine features integrate with our members care management resources to promote seamless care coordination.
As a Virtual Care Operations Associate at Oscar, you will take ownership of aspects of our telemedicine processes & identify areas for potential improvement. Youll create data visualizations to help us understand the health of our business & programs & pinpoint areas that need to be dug into. You will drive the development of process improvements & facilitate cross-functional support where needed. In addition, you will play a large role in troubleshooting issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause & scale of the problem throughout our operation.
You will report into the Associate Director, Care Delivery.
- Surface data, process, & technology issues through proactive identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operation
- Improve existing workflows & work with & find automation opportunities.
- Support your team & leadership by driving decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Build operational monitoring dashboards for key business health metrics & data infrastructure where it doesnt exist in conjunction with Oscars data team
- Assist in creating documentation of workflows, SOPs & policies.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years working in SQL & Excel modeling
- 1+ Years working on process improvement initiatives
- Management Consulting experience
- Previous experience in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Demonstrated process improvement qualifications/certifications
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.