Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Sr. Sales Engineer to support the Enterprise book of business for Stack Overflow for Teams. The Sr. Sales Engineer will have a deep understanding of our new offerings & product roadmaps. He/she/they will have the insight to make the connection between a customers specific business problems & Stack Overflow for Teams solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate the connection & vision to a wide variety of high-level executives, & the technical skills to be able to not only build demos & execute proof-of-concepts. Also, to provide consultative assistance on architecture & implementation.
You will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to identify & qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, & help develop strategies to resolve technical impediments.
What youll do:
- Serve as an expert on the product for both external & internal sales questions
- Support Account Executives on prospect technical calls & demos
- Develop & provide technical collateral in support of Sales
- Develop & provide technical product training for the Sales team
- Work with CSE, SRE teams to confirm we can deliver on proposals
What youll have to do:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver a technical pitch
- At least 4 years of experience in architecting or designing software solutions for Enterprise customers in a pre-sales technical role
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, & work with multiple technological environments
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, oral & presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Collaborate efficiently with the team & cross-functional departments
- Experience serving as a technical sales or solutions engineer in a customer-facing role
- Technical writing experience
- Familiarity with our stack: Windows 2016 Server+, IIS, Elasticsearch, Redis
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Diverse teams build better products.