As the Director of SRE, you will be responsible for the cloud infrastructure behind all of Mozillas services which includes both the enterprise & Firefox backend services & delivery systems. You will collaborate with senior leadership & the product engineering teams to provide technical strategy & vision for Mozillas cloud infrastructure. The position will require deep technical expertise coupled with the ability to lead in a very multifaceted & geographically dispersed environment. Creative problem-solving skills & a risk-taking demeanor will be key to success.
What you will do:
- Lead several SRE teams responsible for cloud infrastructure for both the enterprise & product delivery
- Create & maintain a unified strategy for governance, automation, implementation & operations
- Manage & prioritize new projects, ongoing support, & technical debt
- Partner with security & development to drive improvements across all areas
- Identify, measure, maintain, & report appropriate metrics across products to internal & external partners
What you will bring to the role:
- 5+ years of leading SRE teams
- 5+ years of web service architecture & delivery experience
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure management experience (AWS or GCP)
- Solid grasp of agile & lean development & management processes
- Ability to accept direction & communicate effectively to multiple levels of technical & management expertise
Even if you dont meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.