This job is based in our downtown Manhattan office.
Were looking for a driven Corporate Counsel to develop our internal legal strategy, manage lending transaction documentation & oversee general corporate legal matters. The ideal candidate is someone with expertise around financial services/lending/derivatives space & is excited about being the first legal hire at a fast-growing crypto-focused startup.
If youd be interested in helping grow the BlockFi business by negotiating deals with counterparties & helping us navigate the legal landscape, we want to hear from you. This position will report directly to our CEO & will play a critical role in working with the Crypto Prime & the Compliance teams.
The ideal candidate:
- A self starter with relevant experience & an interest in the cryptocurrency market
- Someone who is hungry to learn, & determined to succeed
- Interested in navigating an emerging regulatory environment
- Excellent communicator (written & verbal skills)
- Collaborative but with strong opinions of your own
- Negotiate lending & swap arrangements with institutional counterparties
- Review, negotiate, & approve vendor contracts
- Manage relationships with external legal firms
- Assist with employment-related & other general corporate legal issues
- Work with the Chief Compliance Officer on regulatory strategy
- At least 3 years of broad based professional U.S. legal experience, with strong experience drafting & reviewing sophisticated securitization & structured finance documentation, including loan agreements, repos, CLOs, ISDA master agreements & CSAs.
- Experience dealing with state or federal regulators a plus
- Experience working cross-functionally & collaboratively
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFis leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks & coffee