We describe ourselves as the most contemporary global creative & media agency. Were independent, born in social back in 2009; we come from New York & our founder Gary Vaynerchuk (known by his fans as garyvee) & we have grown locally & authentically across the world. We have gone to the roots of where consumer attention is, building business transformation, building culturally & contextually relevant creative & distributing it via the modern comms plan. We believe through & through that brand is built in social & that if brands listen to consumers, see their real time behaviour, know culture & platforms better than anyone, then we will build the most effective brands in the world. We are social at our core but we think big - our work scales to big ideas .
VaynerMedia - & VaynerX (our version of a modern holding co) is growing at a crazy rate. New York is the mothership, & we have offices in London, APAC (Singapore, Bangkok, Australia, Tokyo), LATAM (Mexico City) & Los Angeles.
VaynerMedia in EMEA is flying. We are 130+ strong & doubled in headcount during the pandemic. Our clients include TikTok (social AOR, run out of London), Durex, Tinder, Kraft Heinz, WeWork, Indeed, among others. Weve been running multiple local market campaigns - integrated media & creative, creative only, media only - across NL, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & there are more on the cards, which is why we are growing our presence in Amsterdam.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is opening shortly, primarily to partner the many EU clients we have. We love Amsterdam - its an incredibly creative, innovative & exciting market. It has diverse talent representing many different countries & communities. Its the perfect hub for our EU operations. And of course, its a great city. We believe in launching in a market bottom up - with incredible local people who understand & are excited about the Vayner Way shaking things up, & building credibility & fame through our work. Wed love to talk to you to see if this sounds like you
The Task at Hand:
Were looking for a Project Director to help establish project management as a discipline within the office & lead a new line of business at the Agency. The account is global, extending to multiple European markets & working closely with our London team. Applicants should have a robust understanding of social media, comfortability with digital production & a strong project management & operation skillset to help support the day to day running of one of the agency's newest accounts, in a new office. This is an always-on role that moves daily, putting out creative content at a fast pace, while also planning larger campaign initiatives.
- Your main responsibilities as a Project Director will be to develop your designated portfolio into a well-functioning & profitable business unit. Your input is imperative to develop a strategic approach to the delivery process that is within the VaynerMedia ways of working, but at the same time relevant for the client needs.
- Manage the programme of work - financial planning, directing, & coordinating activities to ensure that all project objectives are complete within the defined period & budget.
- Ensure Agency, Client, Vendor, & Legal processes & requirements are being met
- Responsible for the management of many variations of ATL & digital & social content (video, image, websites, TVC, print, retail etc.), ensuring quality control, & delivering/trafficking all assets to required agency partners/media teams/clients
- Hands-on ownership of complex strategic projects, requiring senior stakeholder management & serve as the primary interface with the relevant clients
- Scope development to determine goals & deliverables, time frame, budgets, working processes & resource requirements
- Oversee/coordinate portfolio resources & day-to-day activities to ensure projects progress on schedule & within prescribed budget
- Monitor & report on project progress, manage & validate change requests as required
- Overall, being solutions-focused; the go-to person to assess challenges, always identifying the opportunity for possibility
Lead by example
- Taking the drivers seat & pushing the work forward, with a focus on the details
- Partner with the Account, Strategy, Media & Creative leads to ensure client expectations, creative vision, & agency needs are met from briefing through final delivery on projects
- Tracking financial progression, ensuring it is shared & assessed, taking the lead in suggesting & making adjustments to the project & team as needed
- Identifying risks & solutions - being the problem solver in ensuring we remain agile & strategic throughout the project lifecycle
- Be heavily client-facing to speak to budget, timing, resource & process considerations
Motivate & support
- Provide motivation & mentorship to the PM team & be the first point of escalation for issue/conflict resolution on all projects
- Support the Head of Delivery to help monitor PMs, & have line reports of your own where applicable
- Support Head of Delivery to continually match & optimise skill-level/experience & aspiration of the project managers to the needs
Keep VaynerMedia at the core
- New business support for the wider agency e.g pitch development for the department
- Grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of brands
- Leadership, management & mentorship skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Hands-on experience & ownership of complex strategic projects, requiring senior stakeholder management
- Ability to recognise & solve potential problems, escalate issues or conflicts & continually evaluate project effectiveness
- Manage overall quality of project delivery & documentation for the account
- Strong communication skills & impressive attention to detail
- A cool, calm & collected approach to problem-solving
- Ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced environment
- Strong self-awareness & people-management skills
- Understanding of relevant social media platforms & their requirement
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year+ has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open-minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
We have newly launched an entity in Europe with Amsterdam being our first office in EMEA. We are currently in the process of reviewing our benefit offerings & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part-time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This is a full-time role based in Amsterdam. Candidates must be authorized to work in the Netherlands.