At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible & efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primarycare physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primarycare from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Strategy & Operations Analyst you will work to arm healthcare providers with the technology, analytical capabilities, & operational excellence required to better look after the patients that rely upon their healthcare facilities for care.
Integral to our Atlanta market, you will handle a wide range of projects to support & improve the organizations product offerings: a portfolio of multi-faceted, highly-integrated, technology-enabled services. You will receive foundation training in healthcare that will provide a launch pad to grow your career in healthcare. As a new member of the team, youll be part of a larger group responsible for implementing our clinical & funds flow models in new markets.
What are some examples of projects youll be leading at VillageMD?
- Working directly with mid-level & senior leadership to develop broad scope expertise in healthcare operations, strategy, project management, & data analysis.
- Collaborating with the Atlanta market team members to develop strategic, process driven, & technical solutions for improving quality, while reducing the cost of care.
- Acting as the liaison between operational leaders & the VillageMD analytics team to produce significant representations of complex datasets with actionable operating solutions in partner facing deliverables
- Presenting thoughtful analytical summaries to operational team members, using strong written & verbal communication
- Supporting the team in effort to drive an optimal patient experience through VMD processes & services; evaluating existing approaches & identifying areas for improvement
- Supporting operational procedures & best practices related to market operations & services for network practice
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn & take initiative & be resourceful
- A bias for action & pragmatic solutions
- Strong research, writing, analytical & critical reasoning skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment
- An inclination towards team-based work product & results
- Capability to distill complex, technical topics articulately to a non-technical audience
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication & doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Supporting market to develop & implement workflows to facilitate annual preventative care focused patient appointments
- Building appointment templates within practice technology systems to support clinical documentation & ease of use for provider
- Analyzing robust healthcare datasets to identify implementation opportunities Updating analyses to communicate realized performance
- Determining functional capabilities across practice systems to enable health insurance contracting initiatives
- Along with population health operations & care management teams, support the development of a workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying & supporting patients unmet needs
- Support efforts to design patient engagement strategy around chronic condition prevalence to support providers in delivering high quality care at a lower total cost
- Help to facilitate evolving provider & practice staff education across core VillageMD model workstreams
The following experience is relevant to us:
- A Bachelors degree with a concentration in business, economics, engineering, public health, community health or healthcare administration, or a pre-professional program with interest in another area of healthcare
- Prior internships with a strategy consulting firm, investment bank, or company in the healthcare industry is a serious plus
- Genuine interest in or connection to the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & Word required
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.