Were hiring a Brand & Events Consultant. This will be a contract role through the end of 2022.
About our team & what well build together
Our marketing team is a small group of fast-moving, data-driven & creative thinkers who nurture & grow theSkimm brand & community, while driving audience growth & engagement across all platforms. This role is focused on elevating our brand & fueling growth through building impactful events, reporting to our Senior Manager, Brand & Events.
In 2022, were gearing up to continue making an impact for millennial women & enabling them to live their smartest lives. We are seeking a talented Manager, Brand & Events who will lead the efforts in creating & executing best in class experiences for our brand partners - that means marrying theSkimm brand & the goals of our brand partners together to create innovative experiential programs.
The Manager, Brand & Events will bring theSkimm to life in a form that is on-brand for our company. As such, it is important the candidate can develop event concepts that are in-line with our mission to help women lead smarter lives. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is interested in the challenge of meeting the needs of both brand partners & theSkimm, to develop & execute experiences for a well-known & highly recognizable brand.
How youll contribute to our mission
- Work cross functionally with the brand marketing, sales & brand strategy teams to ideate compelling event concepts that will appeal to both our consumer audience & advertising clients
- Own proactive sponsorship activation idea + hard cost scoping in the pre-sale process, in addition to packaging, pricing & creating go-to-market materials & co-developing guidelines for customization vs. more templatized integrations
- Serve as production lead in executing both virtual & live events, & project manage the in-house team (editorial, marketing, social, design, & growth marketing) & external vendors/agencies (registration platform, video, venue, catering, dcor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer, & staffing)
- Creating & maintain key campaign & event documents including budget, run of show, work back schedules, contact list
- Oversee/contribute to budget management for all built-if-sold initiatives
- Participate in brainstorming & development of concepts for best-in-class experiences & campaigns, for brand, built-if-sold, & custom initiatives
- Research & evaluate new event opportunities based on theSkimms business objectives & marketing goals
- Maintain continuous communication with key internal stakeholders for cross-functional alignment
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 4-5 years of experience of high volume, fast-paced marketing & events experience at a media brand or publishing house (virtual events experience needed)
- Experience working with sales teams to create innovative experiential ideas in partnership with brand partners
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, & project management skills
- Client/relationship experience
- Proven track record collaborating with goal-oriented & creative cross-functional team members
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands, & timelines in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Keynote, Excel, Google Suite
- Experience working with attendee event management & streaming platforms: Swoogo, Splash, Zoom, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Positive attitude & ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to work hard, learn new skills, & grow professionally
- Willingness to travel & work flexible hours, as needed
Our story, Skimmd
Were a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Since launching in 2012, we have become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way our audience consumes news & makes decisions. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & we continue to innovate, find new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. Our product suite has expanded to include three top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'', Pop Cultured, & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done! We continue to grow the breadth of our offerings in lifes necessary categories & by expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, our ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation - & the ones that follow - in the most critical areas of their lives.
Come join us!
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a contract role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.