RAPP Chicago is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our award-winning team!
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all, & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors, & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly, we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists & creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
This is a high profile & fast paced role within the Data & Technology arms of RAPP & involves managing the full lifecycle development of multiple projects simultaneously with the provision of leadership, direction & supervision to a number of project leaders & system engineers running independent projects & managing system changes. The type of projects you will be responsible for managing involves the development & implementation of large scale real-time marketing solutions & are highly driven by data & technology innovation.
Another key part of this role will involve being a business & technical liaison with a diverse range of functions with RAPPs client, their agency partners & RAPP 3rd party suppliers. You will be charged with setting & reviewing objectives & coordinating technology implementation activities across projects along with leaders from the technology group. In addition, youll have commercial responsibility for your team & will be expected to provide accurate estimates, & measure these forecasts against actuals.
We are looking for someone who can understand & drive client requirements to ensure RAPP delivers excellent solutions both from a technical & operational perspective, someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves & manage the project through to delivery. Youre creative, solutions-driven, organized & have exceptional people skills.
- Take total technical ownership of assigned client systems & you will assess feasibility & provide technical solutions & estimates for the full range of proposed projects
- Continuously monitor progress in terms of the status of the plan & the budget & report back to senior management & the client via weekly or other progress reporting & by organizing & managing status meetings.
- Develop full-scale integrated project plans & associated communications documents & effectively communicate project expectations to team members & stakeholders in a timely & clear fashion & oversee tasks though completion.
- Manage expectations of clients & project stakeholders/sponsors & build a level of respect & trust with clients.
- Define & work to statements of work & terms of reference.
- Set policies & procedures for projects & ensure projects are run according to them.
- Estimate the resources & participants needed to achieve project goals & assign individual responsibilities & resolve resource conflicts within assigned resources.
- Facilitate documentation creation such as business requirements, technical architecture, & functional specifications & ensure technology solutions implemented to deliver best in class solutions for our clients.
- Conduct project postmortems & create a recommendations report to identify successful & unsuccessful project elements & from this, develop best practices & tools for project execution & management.
- PMP and/or SCRUM certification beneficial
- Bachelors degree required
- 2-5 years relevant experience, tech environment is a must.
- Experience leading SCRUM meetings & sprint planning
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management software.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams & lead a team of developers
- Be able to negotiate, coach, present & troubleshoot all the way through a project.
- Be agile & able to think on your feet multi-tasking will comes naturally & have your finger on the pulse at all times across all projects.
- Solid understanding of SDLC & best practices for implementation.
- Solid understanding of & ability to create clear & comprehensive requirements documentation including usage of use cases or user stories.
- Experience with stakeholder interview & requirement capture a must
- Solid understanding of email campaign requirements & process
- Solid understanding of CRM platform capabilities
- Familiarity with cloud environments inclusive of Azure & AWS.
- Knowledge or familiarity of Python & JSON
- Knowledge of data mining & database management, campaign management, & Microsoft Project.
- Experience within all aspects of process development & execution were particularly keen to see experience of delivering digital solutions through full-cycle web builds, ETL process experience & QA processes.
- Be a team leader & manager with experience of growing & developing a team & helping get the best out of your colleagues.
- Have an understanding of web/software applications, application architecture, OS, functionality, intra/extranet & client/server architectures.
- The ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding in the areas of application programming, database & system design, digital design, information analysis, business requirements definition, analysis/modelling skills & database / data warehouse design
- Knowledge or familiarity of campaign orchestration platforms or Pega Marketing tool is a plus
- Experience working within a DoD controlled environment is a plus.
- Good understanding of data security issues inclusive of PII storage & US requirements around compliance (ISO 27001) is a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.