This is a corporate leadership role responsible for developing, executing, & managing Plateds overall quality & food safety strategy to ensure the production of safe, compliant, high-quality meal-kits, leveraging data & technology, through an omnichannel customer experience (online subscription, on-demand, & in-store retail).
What Youll be Doing
- Develop, execute, & manage a comprehensive Food Safety & Quality strategy that drives exceptional food safety compliance & establishes quality as a competitive advantage
- Identify, lead & facilitate broad based product Quality & Food Safety programs & improvements throughout Plated
- Partner closely with the Culinary Team, to approve product specifications, specifically to support & define critical parameters, process methods & organoleptic criteria
- Direct & support approval of new and/or alternate suppliers of food products & food packaging with respect to food safety, quality attributes & product consistency
- Ensure vendor compliance to Plateds Supplier Quality Program, Food Safety Initiatives & other Social Impact efforts & implementation of appropriate regulatory & contractual requirements
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives focusing on investigation & analyze trends & issues to drive corrective actions & continuous improvement among vendors
- Lead overall Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Implementation & compliance roadmap in view of anticipated expansion of Plated product offerings
- Provide quality & food safety leadership & input into product & process development activities to increase productivity & protect the safety & security of the food supply chain
- Define, lead & facilitate internal & external operational audit evaluations in the quality & food safety areas of responsibility
- Strategically engage & work in collaboration with Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations & Public Relations on emerging food safety concerns, crisis events & current industry issues
- Educate the organization on current food safety technology, understanding food safety trends & work towards implementing effective team strategies & building cross-functional alliances critical to business success
- Manage the Recall Program, including initiating & assisting in the monitoring & resolution of product recalls and/or withdrawals
- Ensure integrity of all company quality & food safety data
- Communicate, influence & negotiate decisions at an advanced level with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization (including executives & other business leaders)
- Provide ongoing professional development & mentorship to junior members of Plateds Food Safety & Quality Assurance team & motivate & influence them to perform at their highest level.
- Maintain knowledge of food safety & quality regulatory requirements including, but not limited to HACCP, FSMA, GMP, & FDA Model Food Code for food manufacturing, food products, packaging, distribution & food service operations
What You Bring to the Table
- An advanced understanding of food safety & quality systems for food manufacturing, retail, & food service
- Strong knowledge or certification in Lean Manufacturing, TQM and/or Six Sigma principles
- B.S. in relevant field, M.S. or Ph.D. preferred
- PCQI and/or HACCP certification & experience with RTE products
- Effective analytical, negotiation, problem solving, communication, & conflict resolution skills
- Sense of urgency & ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to independently set priorities & leverage & align cross-functional resources
- Ability to influence a culture of compliance & consistently champion & drive prioritization of food safety & quality assurance initiatives across an organization
- Ability to identify high-level operational risks & drive mitigation strategies & continuous improvement opportunities
- High attention to detail & superior organizational skills
Physical Job Demands
- Frequent travel required
- Exposure warehousing equipment hazards & varying temperatures in Fulfillment Centers
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, & use hands & fingers to operate a computer & phone
- Light to moderate lifting required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.