Vimeo is looking for a seasoned Director of Product Design to support our growing product organization in building world-class video products that delight our customers. You will help craft a clear vision & design strategy for how video creation, editing, & interaction tools come together to support the needs of the entire Vimeo platform. You will lead, mentor, & develop a distributed team of talented product designers who work across Vimeos robust suite of products.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, influential team leader who possesses a well-rounded design background & has a strong visual point of view complimented by solid UX fundamentals. You will inspire your team to reimagine & redefine video creation, video editing, & how rich interactivity brings added business value to video content.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all facets of product design for your team (UX, UI, UXR) & maintain a consistently high bar of quality for their work
- Guide your team & colleagues through all phases of the design process including: distilling data & research insights, leading group ideation sessions, conducting design reviews, & providing design support through final implementation
- Simplify complex design problems & find opportunities to push the bounds of what is possible with video for creators, livestreamers, & viewers
- Work closely with other functional leaders in product, engineering, & research to prioritize, plan, & track product initiatives & outcomes
- Communicate progress & key updates with other teams, partners, & leadership on a regular basis
- Foster highly collaborative working relationships between the design team & members of product, engineering, & brand teams to deliver a seamless, unified experience to our customers
- Always be a vocal advocate for our customers & possess a strong understanding of how data & qualitative research inform building outstanding products
- Be hands-on & capable of rolling up your sleeves to work with product & engineering teams to reimagine & redefine the evolving world of video
- Lead, inspire, & develop a diverse team of product designers by raising the teams level of design, decision making, & collaboration skills
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 8 years of proven experience in designing & building user-facing digital products at scale
- 3 years of leading product design teams & managing multiple direct reports that span junior to lead level
- Demonstrated history of driving impact through UX solutions to meet key company OKRs & business metrics
- A hands-on leader with the ability to take ownership & work autonomously in leading multiple work streams & design initiatives
- A track record of championing whats best for the user while balancing the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills & ability to articulate a design vision to any audience within the organization
- Proven track record of delivering products to market & iterating on those products over time to ensure success
- Portfolio or case study samples that showcase the products youve delivered to market, as well as the design processes that led to their launch
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience working with remote or distributed product teams
- Experience with machine learning / AI technology
Targeted Base Salary Range: $162,000 to $223,000
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire & nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment & a candidates home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeos total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits & perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, tuition reimbursement, wellbeing resources, & more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs