We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our engineering & IT teams do their jobs better.
What youll do:
- Establish & maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, & performance across our production environments.
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product & engineering teams to influence velocity & service reliability.
- Lead the incident management program & build a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Improve upon change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly & accurately detect problems, & ensure safe roll-back & recovery.
- Partner with development teams to improve testing & release procedures.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, & capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems & services through automation & uplifts.
What youll need:
- 5+ years of SRE/DevOps experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 3+ years of experience with developer tools including source code management, CI/CD pipelines, & configuration automation with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc).
- 3+ years of experience with Linux server & container-based infrastructure.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS. Experience with Azure & GCP a plus.
- 3+ years experience with commercial or open-source infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Kubernetes, relational & non-relational databases, & Windows server infrastructure is a plus.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, & collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills.
Culture & Values
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.