Company Description|Job Description
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with programming skills in Java & Scala with microservices & event streaming experience to play a major role in the company. The candidate should be heavily motivated by the product & experienced in Software development & testing.
The position entails a high level of responsibility within the R&D team. Your contribution will have a significant impact on the satisfaction of hundreds of our happy customers. As a Software engineer at Nexthink, your duty is to ensure that the software we deliver fulfil the product requirements by collaborating with our product experts. You will participate in all stages of software development: design, implementation, validation, maintenance & will collaborate with our experts & with the different teams.
If you are highly motivated & result driven, you have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning & enhancing your skills, you are open to feedback & you like being accountable & work within a team, then, do not hesitate to apply.
- Design, develop & validate solutions for our new features in our different frontends & backends
- Help to design microservices based application architectures & storage strategies
- Actively participate in building our new event streaming platform
- Maintain the highest code quality standards by using different metrics & by helping the team to improve its best practices in development
- Handle requests of L3 support engineers
- Participate actively in the overall technology roadmap
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset & best practices & participate actively to the different ceremonials.
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- B.S. or Master in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Java & Scala development experience
- Microservices & containers experience - deployment experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Event streaming experience - Kafka and/or Pulsar is a plus
- Outstanding OO development & architecture skills (design patterns) & not afraid to learn new languages (e.g., C++)
- Strong refactoring abilities & test automation - TDD is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment & fluent with continuous delivery
- Strong motivation for complex challenges & learning new technologies
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Mind-set oriented towards continuous improvement, lean thinking & high-quality work
- Professional-level English spoken & written - French is a plus
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.