Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I - IIto help develop, test, & improve sample preparation technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist I - II supporting product & technology development, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment
- Test & improve new NGS based analytical reagent QC methods
- Log & track research samples throughout sequencing workflow
- Ensure that required documentation is created per Quality & Regulatory requirements
- Bring a can do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a high pace environment
- Analyze data & troubleshoot issues within the tech dev team & among other teams
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Engage in early design of products & perform experiments both independently & under the supervision of Senior team members.
- Be able to present updates, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
- 1-5years related experience
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Excellent written & oral communication skills is a must
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a must
- Hands-on experience in running NGS platforms & assays is a plus
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation is a plus
- Local candidates in San Francisco Bay area are preferred
- Ability to work independently & take initiative
- High degree of self-awareness, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.