As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Senior Analyst of Media Insights will join a growing team responsible for creating insights & narratives around Vox Media audiences & reporting on advertising campaigns across all lines of business. You will be a key member of the Vox Insights & Innovation group, working with stakeholders across revenue operations, vox creative, & sales teams to analyze & improve advertisers performance, in support of their marketing initiatives.
Your work will translate into high-quality & actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns & unlock business opportunities. Day to day, this role will include activities like gathering, verifying, & reporting on key marketing metrics & KPIs & generating campaign, audience & vertical insights.
What youll do:
- Act as the main point of contact for campaign analytics & reporting
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: develop measurement plans; pull audience trends & monitor campaign performance, providing optimization suggestions as necessary; interpret data, write reports with actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams & clients
- Investigate audience trends & competitive landscape findings in order to equip internal teams with pre-sales & go-to-market materials
- Help inform distribution strategy & planning for incoming campaigns & serve as a strategic performance expert
- Develop strong working relationships & adapt processes/feedback loops with internal & external clients & handle client-facing interactions
- Make recommendations that contribute towards efficiencies & team/business structure decisions
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed
What youll bring:
- BA/BS preferred with 3+ years experience in internal & client-facing analysis roles
- Understanding of marketers challenges through relevant job experience
- Excellent communication & quantitative skills
- Very strong Excel experience
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required
- Experience with Google Ad Manager & Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools & methods
- Previous knowledge with analytics & data interpretation
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis & metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser
- Data-driven storytelling skills you create & deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
- Proven ability to design, manage & prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility & strong attention to detail
- Willingness & ability to learn
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills & successful teamwork & collaboration
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.