Squarespace is looking for a Software Engineer on the Async Platforms team. The Async Platform team builds platforms & sets the standards for asynchronous processing at Squarespace. The platforms built by the team are used by most product & platform teams at Squarespace for asynchronous job scheduling or event sourcing, making this a high impact & high visibility role. In this role, you will be reporting to the Engineering Team Manager of Async Platforms.
This is a hybrid role in our NY office.
This role is a good fit for you if you
- Have experience building or working with data streaming or processing pipelines
- Are interested in working on platform scalability, reliability, & performance
- Ask a lot of questions to understand why things are the way they are
- Are passionate about code quality
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience programming production systems in Java
As a Platform Software Engineer, you will:
- Participate in & lead platform level architecture discussions & decisions
- Improve the developer experience for other engineers that use the platform
- Write testable, readable, & maintainable code, with automated tests
- Collaborate with other engineers & teams to ensure the seamless rollout of platform optimizations
- Refactor existing components & code paths into clearer, standardized, documented, & testable modules
If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the above qualifications.
Your team & manager will:
- Create an inclusive environment that's psychologically safe & encourages learning
- Mentor & guide you through navigating & understanding the codebase
- Work with you to build a personalized career growth plan with clear expectations & milestones
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class