Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences & informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide & Foursquare Swarm apps & websites to discover new places, explore the world & check in. They have written more than 95 million tips & checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter & 125,000 other developers. Foursquares business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK & Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand & connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic & advertising success.
About this position:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer to work across our portfolio of enterprise & consumer products. Youll help shape Foursquares newest product lines & bring them to market.
This role is equal parts manager & independent contributor. You will be responsible for leading the team in the creative vision, implementation, & iteration of our products, while independently managing design projects of your own. The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, strong design principles, & excellent management skills. Youre passionate about finding new ways to visualize data, have solid front-end development skills, & like solving hard UX & interaction problems.
- Lead a 3-5 person multi-disciplinary design team
- Work closely with our Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers, Product Analysts, Copywriters, & Designers to define the best approach to a problem.
- Drive the design vision & product strategy for Foursquares products: establish & reinforce consistent design patterns & solutions, develop best practices
- Address business goals & customer needs with elegantly simple design solutions
- Promote a transparent & inclusive product development environment: roadmapping & project scoping, ensuring UX/product design effort is represented within the larger product team
- Mentor the professional development of each designer through coaching & performance management
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, Product Analysts, Marketers & Copywriters to deliver best-in-class products
- 5+ years digital product design experience (Enterprise experience preferred)
- 2+ years proven people management experience
- Strong design sense that values simplicity & usability
- Experience using research insights & behavioral data to inform designs which solve user problems
- Ability to recruit, hire, onboard, & mentor a talented, diverse team of designers
- The ability to champion user experience & design & how it applies to product development & business
- Enthusiastic giver & receiver of feedback; comfortable managing conflict
- History of establishing effective creative design processes
- Curious, self-motivated, optimistic & a skilled problem-solver
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant experience in a full-cycle product design environment
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company & the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.