Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as anSenior Director - Program Management, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The global Product organization delivers the holistic product strategy for Visa & accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are at the core of Visa's overall vision to be the best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products & services to people all over the world.
The Accelerated Delivery team for Product is accountable for successful commercial launches in close collaboration with our Product teams & major ecosystem partners. We are seeking a lead to build a new team in London & oversee a team of three Program Managers responsible for a portfolio of complex programs.
If you are a self-starter who enjoys leading & building teams, being the connective tissue keeping all stakeholders coordinated across the entire program lifecycle, & you want to be responsible for successful outcomes impacting the future growth of Visa - then this is the team for you!
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You'll create strategic alliances with relevant stakeholders across organization to accelerate delivery of product priorities.
- You'll motivate cross-functional teams toward the achievement of program goals & communicate a compelling strategy for how to utilize all stakeholders' functional skills & capabilities.
- You'll possess strong diplomacy skills & foster goodwill between different groups & functions, exhibiting a 'one company' mindset.
- You'll connect the dots across the portfolio & identify opportunities to improve delivery performance & create value for the organization.
- You'll anticipate stakeholder needs & ensures processes & cross-functional communications are in place to maximize impact & speed of delivery.
- You'll predict process gaps, roadblocks, bottlenecks, & inefficiencies with ease.
- You'll conscientiously communicate how project team members are performing, & subsequently, mentor & coach them to reach their potential.
- You'll coach the organization how to be proactive about identifying problems, resolution, & opportunities; & on the practices of SAFe & underlying Lean & Agile Principles.
- You'll demonstrates thorough expertise of the technical aspects of product development & be sought out by others as an expert on successfully delivering at Visa.
- Work with senior Product leaders to understand their product strategy & priorities & construct a portfolio of accelerated delivery projects & programs to deliver their goals.
- Define program structures including roles & accountabilities of program managers, program governance models, & progress reporting structure to meet the product owners objectives.
- Monitor & review the team's work product including providing guidance & coaching to improve outcomes.
- Manage large complex programs working for the Product / Solution leads including working across teams to ensure successful delivery
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders, including interactions with strategic partner executives
- Define & track project milestones while developing, maintaining, & reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, & quality parameters
- Represent the project in various project governance & inter-department forums & publishes periodic project status reports
What we're after
- You have advanced experience in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully, most likely in product, product development, or large complex projects in a matrix organization
- You know how to build, develop, & motivate a team highly sought afterprogram managers
- You are self-motivated & highly driven. You have get-things-done DNA. You have an Agile mindset.
- You are always learning & comfortable with constant change.
- You bring a start-up mindset to your program management approach ... you see needs & fill them.
- You are an excellent problem-solver & critical-thinker with the ability to identify & remove barriers & enable teams to complete their objectives
- You are detail oriented & proven ability to manage multiple, cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines & deliverables
- You are a great listener & can communicate clearly with many types of people.
- You put a premium on strong working relationships & know how to use diplomacy to get things done.
- You have great judgement & show grace under pressure.
- You are trusted by senior leaders who come to you find out what is really going on. You are not afraid to tell it like it is.
- You build momentum for change & carry the team across the finish line in making it happen.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.