HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large & small to mix & match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, & other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
The Sales Consultant is responsible for pursuing new prospects & selling HashiCorp Implementation Services projects & Customer Education Services. The targeted market consists of companies doing the following:
- Day 0 Bootstrapping HashiCorp solutions for companies at the ground level with HashiCorp technologies with deployment & foundational use cases.
- Day 1 Enabling organizations to move quickly to expand beyond deployment into multiple use cases
- Day 2 Accelerating organizations to self-serve & drive continued adoption.
The Sales Consultant will work closely alongside the Strategic Accounts sales teams to enable HashiCorp customers to gain the maximum value from their software investment. The Implementation Services team ensures that HashiCorp customers are successfully implementing scalable solutions to meet their business goals.
The successful Sales Consultant demonstrates a thorough understanding of HashiCorps Services value proposition & has the ability to quantify this benefit for clients. The Sales Consultant hunts for opportunities, manages a disciplined calendar of activities to build a pipeline, conducts sales meetings in coordination with Account Managers, & writes proposals, manages quotations, gains appropriate approvals, & presents those proposals to prospective clients.
In this role you can expect to
- Prospect: Consistently work on building a pipeline of target prospects through coordination with Account Managers for services attach - prospecting (Presentations, Q&As, SOW discussions) as well as building & leveraging a diverse group of ecosystem reseller partners to provide referrals & business development opportunities.
- Managing multiple opportunities through sequential stages of sales process: initial prospect meeting, request for proposal data gathering, benefits comparison, proposal presentation, & close
- Complete all administrative tasks & duties in a timely manner
- Lead the services pre-sales process with the sales team to understand the customers business & technical objectives, as well as, solution requirements, in order to attach appropriate HashiCorp services program, & scope opportunities
Provide guidance to the Sales Engineering team for the most relevant services to attach with both project work & customer education
- Lead all aspects of the Professional Services sales process, advise customers on preliminary solution architecture, & construct the Scope of Work related to the delivery of HashiCorps project methodology for deployment, adoption & enablement.
- Create Services opportunities, manage pursuits, present project SOWs & be an integral partner in closing deals to the Account manager
- Facilitate the transition, post engagement, from the Professional Services Team to Customer Success, if applicable
- Forecast for accounts & opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the respective Professional Services leaders for resource planning to ensure successful knowledge transfer & onboarding of new customers
- This role will have a Management by Objective bonus that will be measured on Attach Rate Acquisition & driving services revenue.
- Other duties as assigned
(Travel required post-covid era, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Five years of business experience
- Minimum of 1 year of Project Management
- Ability to conduct customer workshops
- Experience with HashiCorp tooling applications of Vault, Terraform, Consul, Nomad
- Ability to articulate & position the value proposition of the PS offerings
- Ability to assess & direct Customer needs to the appropriate PS offering
- Ability to persuade others through presentations & written communication
- Ability to develop & articulate Business Cases / ROI studies (internal & external)
- Ability to travel, as needed, up to 10% of the time
- BS degree or equivalent is a plus
- Ability & willingness to travel to prospective clients sites within United States up to 10-20% of the time
- Remote Worker Office 95% of the time
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1