BetterCloud is the leading SaaS Management Platform (SMP) that enables IT professionals to discover, manage & secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, & Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes & policies across their cloud application portfolio.
A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, BetterCloud has built a community of more than 45K IT professionals who are embracing the new role of SaaSOps within IT organizations. The company launched the first-ever annual SaasOps-focused conference, Altitude, & publishes annually the definitive market research report, State of SaaSOps, on the market & category.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA & Atlanta, GA. The company's total amount raised to date is $187 million. Investors include Warburg Pincus, Accel, Bain Capital Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, & Greycroft Partners.
As the Technical Marketing Manager - Competitive Intelligence, you will be developing a deep technical & strategic understanding of the competitive landscape & building strategic programs to arm BetterCloud to effectively monitor, position, & win deals against competing products & services. This experienced individual contributor will have broad cross-functional impact & will require successful collaboration with the product, solution engineering, sales, customer success, & partnership teams to build compelling competitive response programs.
- 3+ years of experience leading technical competitive intelligence programs ideally for SaaS-based solutions offered through B-to-B sales-led environments.
- Ability to gather & analyze technical features & identify & capture competitive risk & opportunity through various research methods & resources.
- Skilled in taking key insights about competitors products, strategy, & messaging & translating it into key takeaways, effective narratives & high-impact sales resources.
- Team player & strong cross-functional collaborator & influencer who knows how to drive success working with product, engineering, sales, partners & post-sales teams.
- Experience in the market & technology landscape in which BetterCloud competes.
- Experiencing establishing, optimizing, & maintaining customized third-party competitive intelligence services (e.g. Klue, Crayon) for monitoring competitors & developing competitive response content.
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, & analysis; comfortable interfacing with C-level & senior members of the BetterCloud solution engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, & product teams.
- Monitor for new, emerging & evolving competitors across same & adjacent market segments & execute technical research on competitors & deliver actionable insights & the latest updates to product, sales, & customer success teams.
- Collaborate with solutions engineering, sales & customer success to identify, gather & disseminate technical competitive information through all stages in the sales process.
- Build & refine a right-sized competitive intelligence response process for rapidly evaluating existing competitors & emerging threats & establish compete-specific training curriculums in support of all customer-facing teams.
- Develop comprehensive messaging frameworks, competitive playbooks & other assets that successfully arm sales & customer success teams with detailed competitive intelligence & resources.
- Provide insights to product management on relevant technology advancements made by competitors.
- Build relationships across teams, particularly with solutions engineering, sales, marketing & product orgs, to evangelize the competitive intelligence function.
- Be comfortable presenting as an SME in front of audiences both internal & external & at the executive level.
- Some travel may be required throughout our 3 offices (once it becomes safe to travel again)
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.