Senior Attorney, Federal
The Senior Attorney is responsible for the review, negotiation, & drafting of Appians contracts with the Federal Government & related entities, as well as handling other legal matters for a fast-growing software company.
This position will be the primary legal resource for Appians U.S. Federal sales team & will report to Appians General Counsel or a Deputy General Counsel. It requires significant experience negotiating, drafting & analyzing information technology related contracts, such as software licensing & professional consulting services contracts with Federal government agencies. In addition, it will require working with third party re-sellers of Appians software & maintenance of Appians compliance with its GSA schedule requirements.
This role is at Appian HQ that is currently located in Reston, VA. Appian HQ will move to Tysons Corner, VA in late summer/early fall 2019.
Background & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Ability to read critically, write persuasively, & speak fluently
- 3+ years experience with software contract writing with the Federal Government is required.
- Demonstrated effective writing & interpersonal skills
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, & changes in scope
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, & developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational & communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Word & Microsoft Outlook & other software products as required
- Solid business judgment
- Juris Doctorate required
- Must be able to work on-site at Appian headquarters
- Software company work experience is preferred
Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.