Flexport continues to experience significant growth as a technology platform for international trade. Two of the companies core products are Customs & Trade Management. These products are positioned for more than 10x growth in the coming five years. Customs is primarily defined as import brokerage where youll be a subject matter expert for our Demand organization. Trade Management is international trade consulting focused on imports. You will act as a subject matter expert helping Demand & CSMs define & solve any import project defined by our prospects & clients. Custom & consulting services require that you have a strong understanding of import trade compliance & can identify a value proposition allowing Flexport to close new business opportunities. We are looking for a seasoned import brokerage & trade compliance expert with a proven track record in selling engagements. The ideal candidate will have industry expertise, excellent communication skills, strong project management skills, intellectual curiosity, & a sales hunter mentality. As a vital member of a small team, youll have a greenfield opportunity, with uncapped commission, to help scale our import business to the next level, grow a world-class sales organization, & make an impact on a $2 trillion market.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Customs & Consulting services to include capabilities, differentiators, & service offerings.
- Support Demand/CSMs & increase revenue acquisition by identifying, developing, presenting, & closing business solutions.
- Act as Liaison between Demand & operations in support of the selling process, including sales document drafting, solution design collaboration, & messaging of solutions/product placement in competitive bids.
- Perform background research & lead generation on customer accounts, prospects, competitors, & industry trends supporting sales activities.
- Draft sales documentation, proposals, reports, contracts, & maintenance agreements for large scopes of work, including services to be performed, defined KPIs, company & client responsibilities.
- Keeps abreast of pertinent external & internal developments that impact customs & compliance, such as value proposition, market trends, client needs, & competitive landscape.
- Determines client needs
- Ensures sales take place at the decision-maker or executive sponsor level
- Data gathering of the necessary information to create a proposal
- Interviews of key stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Addresses what success means for each key stakeholder
- Describes the benefits to the client
- Provides/develops the account sales plan with key milestones
- Organizes opportunities & stays engaged with clients to move deals forward.
- Provides thought leadership to the opportunity team.
- Conducts team meetings, project planning, education/training, & communication
- Client needs & expectations management
- Management of project tasks
- Territory management to achieve sales target & objectives
- Training & education of new BD personnel
EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, Bachelors degree in international business, or other relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of five to ten years of work experience in export and/or import compliance operational management & sales.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proven record of increasing sales opportunities & successful account management skills, including managing long-term sales cycle process.
- Strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at medium multi-national companies or large complex organizations.
- Ability to develop various markets, sales, & management strategies for strategic account planning.
- Capability to recognize & solve issues in the clients situation.
- Demonstrated experience with identifying process, compliance, & technology gaps within the client environment.
- Strong project management & collaborative skills; must work with all Demand staff & other internal support teams across the company.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal), including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including C-level.
- Strong ability to resolve issues/concerns & address challenges with tact & diplomacy.
- Must be able to develop confidence with all levels of a client environment, from senior executive management to operational employees.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under fluctuating pressure & tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 30% with some overnight travel required.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make international trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global business - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific, as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Starting in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital, & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three significant ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.