At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a detail oriented & experienced specialist to join our evolving Trust & Safety team. This individual will review a broad variety of Safety concerns & will be responsible for maintaining & optimizing a safe & happy global community of Lyfts drivers & riders. We're looking for someone motivated to go above & beyond for our community members to instill trust in the Lyft platform. Join us to create, implement & expand our community's safety practices.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an expert level understanding of egregious circumstances, empathetic communication, & will use their specialized skill set to review safety incidents with the goal of helping to mitigate the negative impact for the reporting victims & ultimately remove those that violate our Terms of Service & Community Guidelines from the platform. Ideal candidates will be passionate about working with the team to build a world-class safety organization; they consistently hold themselves & others accountable, keeping focusing on their teams overall goals & putting others before themselves.. They will be passionate about identifying policy & helping to create a platform to provide the best end to end experience for the riders & drivers in our community, especially when related to decision making due to a safety-related incident.
- Become a strong safety advocate for our community
- Ability to understand & adhere to Lyfts community guidelines
- Review accounts involved in safety incidents to make sure they are in compliance with the safety thresholds
- Audit deactivation decisions to ensure they were made in adherence to Lyfts Community Guidelines
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing account reviews, & comprehensively document research & decisions through written reports
- Work to educate our riders/drivers to promote positive experiences & maintain safety while operating within the Lyft platform
- Trusted owner for resolution of safety deactivations
- Identify potential risks, mediate, & diffuse situations
- Help our community in a tactful & diplomatic manner
- 2+ years experience in customer support or an applicable role
- Background in advocacy, crisis management, mediation or e-commerce customer service experience
- Experience with previous change management; ability to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Experience resolving conflicts in a detailed, effective, & timely manner
- Be empathetic & sensitive to our community while serving as the decision maker
- Experienced in customer de-escalation & escalated the incident response
- An expert communicator, both verbal & written
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent a plus
- Bilingual a plus!
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.