As our Head of Risk & Information Security, you will own all aspects of Betterments risk management program. As someone who is passionate about information security, business continuity, privacy, fraud, & the full range of operational & corporate risks facing Betterment, you will solidify & scale a security-minded culture across the company as we continue to grow & become more complex, through customer growth or product offerings. Youll lead risk projects, manage critical relationships with key internal & external stakeholders, & drive process improvements in building out & refining our risk management capabilities. As part of this, youll write policies, educate the team, assess our security risks & capabilities, & roll up your sleeves & drive remediation where necessary. As our leader in this space, you will help to identify risks, categorize, track progress, & report to our senior management management team & our Board of Directors.
A Day in the Life:
- Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders in other functions in the business, including Security Engineering, Legal & Compliance, Operations, & Finance.
- Manage a variety of assurance activities, including responding to customer & business partner due diligence, & an annual SOC audit, & third-party due diligence & ongoing monitoring.
- Approach risk management as a business enabler while managing risk in line with our risk appetite statement.
- Roll up your sleeves & get into the details: ripping up & reframing policies for simplicity & operational wins; defining & aligning our full stack security & governance posture; getting right in the fray with our product development team on tool choice & risk appetite trade offs, etc.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in articulating our practices and plans to regulators, auditors, & other external parties.
- Actively participate in the larger risk management & information security communities: bringing the state of the art back to Betterment to incorporate into our legal, risk management, & product & engineering teams.
What Were Looking For:
Were seeking someone who has experience:
- Owning & enhancing a risk management framework across a financial services organization
- Helping companies develop risk management & information security processes as they grow in size & complexity
- Designing & implementing information security policies, standards, & process management
- Maintaining oversight of key risks & assist teams to develop mitigation actions
- Driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes & implementing technical solutions
- Making security & risk management relevant & resonant with individuals not as familiar with the jargon & issues & training the business to be a strong first line of defense
- Reporting to senior management & Board of Directors in an effective manner
Were keen to hire someone who will be excited by solving problems like:
- How can we use our corporate risk management program to drive business value
- Ensuring we have the right policies, engineering capabilities, & operational practices to protect the company, foster safety & resilience in our technology operations, & comply with finance industry standards & regulations
- Maintaining our culture of experimentation, of moving fast & releasing often, & increasing the security & safety of our systems & clients as we grow
- Ensuring risk management processes are relevant & commensurate with the size of Betterment
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.