At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work closely with product owners across our product lineup to guide the direction & influence of research - staying involved with the product teams & training their colleagues to maximize their ability to understand & act upon customer needs.
We are looking for a UX Research intern who is passionate about understanding user behaviors, needs, & motivations. Youll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, & creative professionals, who inspire us every day. You will report into a Senior UX Researcher based from our New York headquarters.
- Partner with a Senior Researcher around a major area of the business to collaborate on opportunities, execute prioritized briefs, & ensure that the products we ship bring meaningful value to both the user & the business
- Support high impact user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations & complete iterative usability/concept testing
- Learn how to build & nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, & engineers from the Leads on the team
- Advocate for research within the organization & find compelling ways to illustrate your research findings through storytelling
- Conduct iterative research & communicate findings in a systematic way to partners
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program for Marketing, Information Science, Psychology, Human-Centered Design, UX Design or a related field, with an expected graduation date of Spring 2022
- Basic familiarity with UX/Design Research methods (such as usability testing, surveys, interviews, concept testing, & more)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with a passion to translate learnings into actionable insights for diverse audiences
- Ability to craft compelling presentations through storytelling
- Curious & self-motivated; enjoy problem solving & taking initiative to solve problems with teams
- Bonus: relevant projects in qualitative research (through coursework or past experience)
- Bonus: familiarity with prototyping & testing tools (e.g. usertesting.com)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.