We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision-maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; & nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, & lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization & better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Domos Senior Solution Consultants (Presales Consultants) work closely with the Sales organization to provide technical solutions to our prospective & existing customers. They are responsible for designing solutions that will address & resolve a customer's business issues, while evoking confidence in our technology platform & removing all technical objections in the sales cycle.
They are relied upon as the expert source of information on Domos products & solutions & can effectively position the value of the platform within a customers existing architecture. They will independently manage all aspects of the technical pre-sales process, asking the right questions to uncover value & differentiate from the competition.
Our Senior Solution Consultants are an example to their peers in adopting new solutions, sharing best practices & establishing sales messaging & positioning to educate others. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of how our technology can solve business issues, possess a consultative sales approach, & be as comfortable presenting to line of business as they are to the C-suite in complex organizational structures.
- Understand a customers goals & challenges through successful discovery to effectively position & demonstrate the Domo solution in a way that differentiates from the competition
- Scope, build, & present custom demos & presentations that address key business value for our prospects. This includes data acquisition, ETL, data modelling, & BI creation (reports, charts, analytics, & dashboards)
- Stay up to date with wider market technological trends, to ensure Domo is best positioned in customers reference architectures, differentiated & signal fed back to Domos product teams
- Deliver successful customer Proof of Concepts/Pilots through hands-on delivery, effective management of acceptance criteria & issue escalation/resolution
- Navigate a sales cycle in complex enterprise organizations, being able to switch effortlessly between line of business or the CIO when articulating the business value of the solution
- Research, scope & respond to customer RFIs & RFPs & take initiative in sharing results with all team members
- Independently handle multiple complex customer engagements simultaneously
- Serves as an expert contact on various technical, business and/or vertical sales plays to educate peers (e.g. embedded analytics, data science, marketing SME, etc.)
- Share their knowledge with others; demo assets, industry content, partner education, as well as training & mentoring new team members
- Support & present at marketing & customer events. Create new content that aids pipeline generation
- 5 years + experience in a comparable Solution Consultant (Presales or Sales Engineer) position, selling SaaS technologies to an enterprise level
- Strong proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases
- Experience with other BI or analytical tools
- Demonstrated experience of data modelling, data warehousing, data integration, web services, etc.
- Experience with enterprise customer architectures, cloud computing, data platforms & sources (e.g. SAP, Snowflake, Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, JIRA, etc.)
- Demonstrated record of sales success with significant revenue results
- Capabilities in value-based selling (e.g. MEDDICC, Force Management, Demo to Win, etc.)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with a focus on requirement gathering, positioning, & business value identification
- A natural passion for new technology, innovative, & can create new solutions with out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Superior presentation & demonstration skills
- Self-starter, flexible, & self-motivated
- Highly driven individual with an execution focus & a strong sense of urgency
- Enjoys the competition & winning new business
- Ability to travel as needed
- Additional language skills would be advantageous (e.g. Spanish, German, French)
- Degree educated or equivalent
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.