Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
Our vision for the Harrys brand is to be the largest & most loved mens care brand in the U.S. by 2030. We are looking for a leader to continue to drive its growth, oversee a world class team & make millions of customers happy along the way. The role is full time in New York.
About the Role
As the VP / Brand GM of Harrys Brand, you will be responsible for the growth & success of the Harry's brand & the Harry's brand team in the U.S.
- You will lead & manage the Harry's brand team overseeing our brand management, upstream innovation, insights, communications & creative functions & hire & develop world class talent
- You will be the voice of the customer, consistently refining our customer target & understanding how the brand can best reach & serve him
- You will set the overall brand positioning, product architecture and innovation roadmap, drive our marketing calendar & own the 4Ps across channels
- You will be the steward for the brand - ensuring we stay true to our positioning, focused on our core customers & that all teams represent the brand with clear guidelines
- You will build & launch campaigns that drive awareness, interest & trial for our major product categories & for the brand
- You will leverage DTC to inform perspectives on the next generation of innovation & will convert early insights into new products & ideas that accelerate future growth
- You will partner closely with a number of teams to ensure we make exceptional products & bring them to life in an inspired way
- You will have strong input into brand financial goals & take responsibility for ensuring the brand team & broader organization achieves those goals
You will report to the President of our Personal Care Division & be an important leader across all of Harrys Inc, collaborating with other leaders, mentoring people across the team & helping to set vision & strategy for the broader enterprise.
Responsibilities & Capabilities
Outstanding Brand Team Leader
- Recruit world class talent & support them in growing into their full potential
- Lay out inspiring & clear vision for the brand & team & ensure the team understands how their work ladders to the vision
- Envision our future & how to get there
- Enroll the team on how they uniquely & collectively contribute
- Enable the team through meaningful coaching & training
- Be decisive, consistent & accountable -- make difficult decisions quickly & consistently, & set clear standards by which you hold yourself & your team accountable.
- Communicate clearly to the team & to cross-functional stakeholders
- Make thoughtful, consumer centric & tasteful decisions that push the brand forward & explain the context for those decisions so the team learns with you
- Thoughtfully prioritize the most important activities & actively deprioritize others, in order to ensure focus
- Lead with action & walk the walk as an unquestionable role model of our values
Effective & Responsible Cross-Functional Leader
- Act as a strong cross-functional partner who is deeply invested in learning & supporting teams across the company
- Drives collaborative business plans with heads of DTC & retail to ensure alignment on goals for the brand, proper resourcing & bets across channels to support brand goals
- Build a culture of mutual understanding across the brand team & partner teams (DTC, retail, R&D & supply chain) to understand each other's priorities & how they dovetail with each other. Teach the team to thoughtfully escalate when conflicting priorities are unclear.
- Build trust with cross-functional leaders by being reliable, clear, transparent, open-minded, & flexible (and mandating the same behavior from the team). Be a role model for this behavior.
- Maintain an Enterprise mindset & always focus on enabling all teams to do whats best for the enterprise overall
- Partner closely with the DTC team on growth marketing executions. Define brand guidelines, review & ideate on creative, glean clear insights from what customers respond to & understand what drives performance
- Mentor others across the organization - beyond your team
Steward of the Harry's Brand
- Own & evolve brand positioning, guidelines & core customer targets & ensure actions ladder to the positioning, build on each other & reinforce brand equity
- Build future product architecture & product innovation plans for the brand that align to the positioning & positively impact the lives of our customers. Drive clarity across the organization on what categories we invest in & laddering those investments to clear KPIs & financial goals
- Be the voice of the customer, develop plans to improve customer experience & satisfaction across the business & ensure customer-centric approach to decision-making across all areas of the business
- Oversee the development of major creative campaigns for our core products & brand. Drive decision on campaign goals, support the team in writing inspiring briefs, allocate budget to drive those ideas forward, engage with agencies & internal teams to ensure we achieve desired outcomes.
- Think innovatively. Challenge convention & continue to drive the Harry's brand to push boundaries & delight customers in new ways.
- Bring strong taste & design sensibility to the brand pushing the team to stay true to brand principles around clean design & pushing the brand to continue to elevate its aesthetic in an approachable way
- Develop & own a clear & strategic omni-channel commercial roadmap, including:
- Clear KPIs for the brand
- Stakeholder alignment across DTC, Retail, R&D/Design
- Detailed plan of execution, including team, resourcing, cross-functional dependencies, timelines & costs
- Develop detailed marketing plans that will efficiently lift revenue, profitability, & brand love
- Balance short-term financial goals with medium & longer-term brand needs & growth plans
- Own results & drive accountability for yourself & every level of the team
This Describes You
- Exceptional leader in high growth fluid environments: Youve proven that you can lead talented, dynamic teams in high growth environments with limited structure. You can attract world class talent, coach them to achieve their potential, drive high degrees of collaboration against a compelling & shared vision & ensure they are focused on the most important parts of the business. You are highly agile, can operate in an environment where plans can shift dynamically & can drive to order & thoughtful prioritization in situations with imperfect information. Able to adapt leadership style to different people & situations.
- Highly empathetic: Deeply understand your team, your customers, your cross-functional partners & your stakeholders. You put yourself in their shoes, you appreciate them, you want to learn about them & what motivates them & take action to improve their experiences & get the best out of them. You drive team engagement & engender tremendous loyalty.
- Intuitive marketer: You intuitively get customers & what makes them tick & can build inspiring brands & develop creative ideas to improve on customers experiences & motivate customers to take desired actions. You appreciate that brands are built through hundreds of decisions & thousands of details that impact customer experience & you hold brands to the highest standards, ensuring that they clearly deliver on their promise to their target customers.
- Customer obsessed: You deeply care about your end customers & will do anything you can to make them happier. You are focused on removing friction from their experiences. You know them intuitively & go beyond just giving them what they want in order to truly delight them.
- Great design sensibility: You appreciate great design. You bring good taste into your work. You motivate & inspire the team with interesting examples of beautiful design in the world. Youve proven you can push brands & differentiate them by inspiring great design.
- Clear communicator: You can synthesize the most complex problems into clear ideas & tailor messages & communicate clearly to diverse audiences. You also go out of your way to explain things to people so they understand your thinking & can learn from it.
- Omni-channel thinker: You intuitively understand how direct-to-consumer & retail channels work & you can learn quickly to fill in any gaps. You embrace change & can continuously learn & evolve your brand to innovate & stay at the forefront.
- Results oriented: Set clear, & ambitious goals, & hold yourself & your team to the highest standard to achieve those goals. Able to distill complex facts into clear strategy & recommendations. Proven track record of building a high growth omni-channel commercial roadmap & managing the P&L.
- Take your work seriously, but not yourself too seriously
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $250,000-$325,000, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.