Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager who is going to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers. As a dedicated support engineering contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out & look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies & deliver recommendations to make the customers environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm & effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency.
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify & drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting & collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customers shoes & demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, & proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes & procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency.
A regular day in the life of a Technical Account Manager at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by specific customer's assigned to you & looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues, while maintaining high customer relationship & helping them be successful using Twilio.
Some examples include: examining packet capture data & engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, & calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As a TAM you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities & influence them to implement best practices.
- Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analyzing patterns, driving betterments & reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
If you are excited about not only teaching others how to fish but also how to fish at scale then this role is for you.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products & our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Berlin, Bogot, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore & Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.