VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few.
Here in London we have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
Were looking for an experienced Account Director/Senior Account Director with experience leading a multi market client, a keen understanding & love of social media & exceptional client services skills to drive growth & integration across our core markets whilst running one of the agency's most exciting & integrated accounts. You must LOVE all things social, especially TikTok, already on multiple platforms & be passionate about the role social can play in building brands & connecting to audiences in an authentic way. This isnt a role for people who like to take 6 months to develop one piece of creative. This is an always on role that moves daily & will put you at the epicenter of culture.
Your client is a new win for the agency Globally, having started working with them earlier this year.. This growing Global recruitment brand wants to change the world of employment & are highly ambitious re the next chapter in their brand journey. Experience working on Global brands & understanding how to bring local relevance & nuance to the work is a must. Your role will see you working closely with our LA office, aligning the overall Global vision across markets, whilst making sure you deliver local market work across EMEA that understands & listens to the consumers in the markets we serve.
Our teams are lean, & you will need to dip down to support the team when needed, but at the same time be able to delegate, making sure the day to day is being run smoothly & efficiently in order to deliver insights-driven work on a daily basis. You will be passionate about the work you do, about the agency you represent & in doing so will be at the forefront of strengthening client & partner agency relationships both here in the UK, across Europe & all Vayner Global offices.
We are incredibly proud of what weve achieved over the past year as a team, & are looking for a creatively brave & hard working individual to help drive the growth of two of our most important clients.
The task at hand:
- Deliver best-in-class client services & social media expertise across EMEA setting the ways of working & driving how the team innovate & operate, as we grow into new markets, establishing & strengthening the role the brands you will lead, can play in peoples lives.
- You will build valuable long term client relationships working with senior clients who understand the broader strategic opportunities of an audience lead, digital first approach & the role it can play in driving business results.
- Act as the escalation point for your day to day clients for any issues within your teams, taking a problem-solving attitude & approach.
- You will focus on the strategic direction of the accounts & drive innovation & the Vayner way through everything you do.
- Help drive regular agency reviews with the client, ensuring that they effectively illustrate the agency's capabilities & successes in meeting clients goals.
- The brand guardian - knowing what keeps your clients awake, knowing their competitors & keeping your teams up to speed on the latest trends & developments in their sectors.
- Working closely with your strategic leads to make sure we are monitoring the performance of our work, spotting trends & optimising when needed.
- Assisting in the development of key account plans that identify client needs, highlighting areas for support or new activities internally in order to help drive continued growth & client confidence.
- Working closely with your Client Partnerships Director to inspire, motivate, & mentor your teams & help them to achieve the account objectives.
- Oversee the execution of projects, working closely with your project directors to ensure the team are clear on the tasks at hand, that things are set up for success, that the finances are understood.
- Regularly review the WIP & understand the profitability of your account, working closely with your Client Partnership Director to manage your account P&L day to day.
- Spot opportunities for growth beyond what is briefed, looking at where you can cross sell other Vayner services in order to drive incremental revenue & where more senior support is needed working with your Client Partnerships Director to open up these opportunities.
- Directly line manage or indirectly manage all client service team members within your client portfolios, performing regular feedback loops on them.
- Collaborate with the team leaders in other departments (Strategy, Creative, Production, Project Management, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output.
- Contribute to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today & tomorrow.
- The account cheerleader - Evangelising the work you are doing across the agency, keeping everyone informed & excited about the great work the team are doing on TikTok, driving relevant recognition, PR, awards etc
- Keep VaynerMedia values at the core of what you do, that restless energy & desire push boundaries & to do more, but also the ability to muck in with the team.
- Grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience working on a Global brand, working with local markets to help deliver culturally relevant work.
- Experience in driving best practice, award winning social media work, with a real love for social & a strong understanding of relevant social media platforms & their requirement.
- An established AD with proven of experience at that level or newly promoted SAD
- Experience of working across EMEA markets & working with Global teams
- Experience managing a multi region team as an empathetic leader who always has time for their team.
- Strong gravitas & the ability to build & maintain relationships with senior clients, building trust in the accounts offering, with a track history of creating long-lasting, beneficial alliances with clients.
- A real team player with a client centric focus who possesses the ability to build strong & effective working relationships with your teams & colleagues.
- European language skills (a real bonus)
- A cool, calm & collected approach to problem-solving & ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Be well versed in the various comms opportunities across the marketing mix, including Paid Media & Measurement opportunities in social & digital, in order to support the team where there are knowledge gaps & help train them to be able to spot incremental opportunities.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year & a half has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
For now, these are some of things we have in place to support you...
We regularly review our benefits & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday per annum through to Pension & Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others & that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions & an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it also. We partner with NABS also, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a wide variety of discounts & benefits through Perkbox & you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage, join one of our bi-weekly mindfulness sessions or an employee led yoga sessions. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care & as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.