Want to lead a team of software engineers who celebrate curiosity, collaboration, & technical excellence? Join Vimeos OTT Monetization & Insights team! Youll manage 5-10 engineers & partner with product to define your teams roadmap.
At Vimeo OTT, we help video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute & sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites & apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, & Roku. Our core technology is a React & Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products & viewers watch & pay for videos.
Youll work on some of these projects: multi-currency checkout, video ads, multiple subscription tiers, & pay-per-view for live events.
What youll do:
- Manage 5-10 software engineers
- Ensure your team ships features incrementally, while balancing on-time delivery & high-quality engineering
- Create a first-rate engineering team by deciding on KPIs, defining a technical strategy & roadmap, & mentoring each engineer
- Ensure that everyone on your team loves to be here by working with each engineer individually & by fostering a collaborative & inclusive environment
- Code, pair, review pull requests, & architect systems to make your team more effective & set best practices
- Plan product features that help our video businesses by collaborating with your entire cross-functional product team
- Tailor our interview process to hire a diverse group of great engineers who have the specific skills your team needs to be successful
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Youve guided engineers (both less & more senior than you) on how to communicate their needs & concerns to non-technical coworkers & how to speak clearly & compassionately to other engineers
- Youve been a tech lead for an agile product team, with experience in delivering small iterations, partnering with product to understand users, & focusing the team on user metrics
- Youve supported reports & held them accountable to goals through 1-1s, feedback, & performance reviews
- Youve led an engineering team to set KPIs & a technical roadmap that improves velocity, reduces bugs, & supports product needs
- Youve created a team culture that is inclusive of all people by fostering open & respectful communication, learning what each person needs to feel comfortable expressing themselves, & hiring & retaining a diverse group of people
- Youve practiced & taught engineering best practices & great architecture through coding, code reviews, pairing, documentation, technical proposals, & mentoring
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.