Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director of Corporate & Commercial Compliance to join our Compliance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscars Compliance Department manages & mitigates risk as we serve ever more members in ever more markets. The Compliance Department also proves to our state & federal regulators & exchanges that we can fulfill our core obligations as an insurer while providing these members with higher-quality, lower-cost care.
As Oscars Director, Corporate & Commercial Compliance, you will be responsible for Compliance activities that span our growing corporate family. Because Oscar has matured enough to begin building sector-specific Compliance teams, you will also be responsible for all Compliance activity particular to Oscars commercial (as distinguished from Medicare) lines of business.
You will report into the Vice President of Compliance.
- Own & action policies that underpin our corporate familys Compliance Program, including those governing investigations, remediation, risk assessment, & the Compliance Committee.
- Lead a new Corporate & Commercial Compliance team in performing (and in ultimately evaluating & redesigning where appropriate) all Compliance functions including monitoring, internal & external audits, & reporting specific to Oscars commercial lines of business.
- Build on the Compliance Departments existing strengths in investigation, remediation, & audit activity, & in coordinating Oscars regulatory deliverables, while developing people & processes focused on our commercial products.
- Work with others in the Compliance Department (including the new Medicare Compliance team), & with the other parts of Oscars Risk & Controls function, to manage regulatory risk sustainably but with a relentless focus on growth & innovation.
- Structure & refine internal reporting & monitoring processes, enabling Oscars corporate boards to fulfill their commercial-side compliance & delegate oversight responsibilities.
- Drive productive, longer-term changes that lead Oscars corporate & commercial compliance activities to meet or exceed industry standards for insurers, tech innovators, & public companies
- College degree
- 9+ years experience in a healthcare compliance setting, including managerial experience
- Knowledge of state & federal health insurance statutes, regulations, & marketplace requirements
- Experience preparing & delivering reports to boards of directors in a for- or not-for-profit setting
- CHC, CCEC, or similar
- Fluency with Market Conduct Examination requirements (or state-level equivalents)
- Operational or internal audit experience
- Experience in a start-up environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.