Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for a versatile in-game VFX Artist for an upcoming project. This role will require the candidate to work on all elements needed to bring polish to both UI feedback & in-game environment & actions. Under the guidance of the Art Director & using references created by an illustrator, the VFX Artist will be adding natural & unnatural phenomena FXs, as well as participate in the creation of textured models, scene lighting & post-process. The Artist will need to possess an excellent understanding of color, volume & composition. They must also be able to understand & follow technical restrictions & be able to adhere to tracking tools & the pipeline structure. They enjoy working in a team, sharing tasks & collaborating to the work of other team members. They must be flexible & accept the changes that occur during game production.
- Creating & integrating in-game UI feedback VFX;
- Creating & integrating all environmental VFX;
- Creating & integrating all characters VFX;
- Creating & integrating all gameplay events VFX;
- Profiling all particles & shaders & optimizing them to maximize performance;
- Creating & integrating skydomes/boxes;
- Creating & managing all post-processes;
- Design & implement static/dynamic lighting & reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create & integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design & art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between design/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Creating flow maps.
- 2+ years of experience in the computer graphics industry;
- 2+ years of experience working with Unreal & Maya.
- A strong understanding of particle systems;
- A strong understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing & lighting;
- Training from an art school or training in a 3D/2D animation program, an asset;
- Passion for VFX & animation in video games;
- Knowledge of different game engines;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.
Please add your portfolio to your application.