WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 20+ countries, & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, & membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility & flexibility so they stay a member for life & grow with us.
Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Shorten the product to market time across WeWorks portfolio
- Drive up revenue through data-driven price optimization
- Launch tailored flexible product offerings to enterprise & mid-market members
- Improve retention & reduce unexpected churn
- Scale our contract/subscription service to accommodate future products & initiatives
Youll be a contributing engineer spending most of your time solving technical & product problems with other engineers & other disciplines. You will be expected to:
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives
- Design scalable frontend architecture
- Design stable & performant APIs
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure & architecture
- Model engineering excellence & collaborative processes
As a Front End Engineer on this team youll be tasked with identifying flexible & scalable ways to define WeWorks products. Some tasks you will be working on are increasing WeWorks visibility online in order to attract the right customer, maintain our company brand & drive sales.
- Deep knowledge of design patterns & their applications.
- Take active role in breaking down an epic into multiple sprints & tickets.
- Define the best implementation method & related effort to answer a given problem.
- Lead feature development with 1-2 more collaborators..
- Identify & drive code improvements, including technical debt.
- Author feature-specific design docs.
- Serve as an example of quality code & design, & push for better processes around how the team operates.
- Mentor others & proactively identify opportunities to improve intra- and/or inter-team capability, such as interviewing & active participation in guilds.
- Advocate for a solid technical approach & influence peers.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering building highly scalable & integrated web applications
- Experience writing scalable, highly-performant, instrumented & clean code.
- Familiarity with Ruby, Python, or Node.JS
- Confident in testing, instrumentation application & experience with distributed systems
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of how to configure AWS
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.