As a member of the Unity Tech Art team in Paris, you will help build content creation tools to make it easier for artists to render fantastical worlds & impressive characters. This position can be described as a generalist technical artist in the area of rendering & graphics for real-time 3D. You have a keen eye for high-quality real-time graphics & knowledge of rendering techniques as well as understanding of artist workflows for content creation. You will serve as the interface between the technical & artistic worlds. You have experience working on high-performance real time graphics tools, and/or 3D animation technology. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting & high-energy team to create the best & most technologically impressive games & real-time experiences in the world. Please submit your Portfolio demonstrating technical art content such as shaders, graphical features or tools/scripts developed for production of 3D content.
- Contribute to the development of new features & provide feedback about artist workflows for graphics & real-time 3D rendering
- Collaborate closely with Engineers & artists as a resident team member
- Use the Unity editor regularly as a content creator
- Stay in touch with user perspectives & feedback
- Sync regularly with other Tech Artists across Unity
- Contribute to documentation, training material, presentations & demos
- Experience with delivering at least one realtime or offline CG project (i.e. games, film, animation)
- Experience working with shaders & 3D art content (modeling, procedural generation, texturing, retopology, uv unwrapping, texture baking)
- Good knowledge of PBR rendering workflow
- Scripting or programming experience (C#Visual scripting, or other scripting language). Experience in pipeline programming tools for artists is a plus (Python, MAXScript, etc)
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work effectively in a team
- Experience working with Unity or real-time engines in areas related to rendering & graphics
- Experience working with offline rendering engines (Vray, Arnold, Corona, etc)
- Experience with a major 3D suite (Blender, Houdini, Modo, Maya, Max, etc)
- Experience with a texture painting suite (Substance Suite, Mari, 3D Coat, Zbrush)
- Experience working on characters rendering (skin, eyes, hair, fabric)
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the worlds leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful & accessible tools to create, operate, & monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level & industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, & monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The companys 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, & Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide & have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.