Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visitwww.refinery29.com/en-us,www.refinery29.com/en-ca,www.refinery29.ukandwww.refinery29.defor more information & to browse content.
About the Team:
Our Media Solutions group is responsible for leading pre-sale by crafting media plans, brainstorming marketing strategies, developing strong client relationships, & creating programs for key clients. This typically begins at the receipt of the RFP but can also include proactive outreach to new & preferred clients. Strategists are responsible for providing clients with spec sheets, placement details, & assest needs. Strategists are also responsible for routing paperwork internally & working closely with our Ad Operations, Finance & Legal departments to ensure all details of a sold program are communicated internally.
Media Solutions works closely with Sales, & our in-house product marketing teams to ensure each proposal is unique for our clients & more importantly, will support our mission to empower Millennial Women.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for building strategic marketing proposals & media plans for key fashion & lifestyle clients
- Brainstorming with sales, marketing & editorial teams to help structure campaigns that make sense based on the brand & R29's objectives
- Working with cross-functional groups internally to lead the proposal creation process - ensuring we are holding ourselves to deliver smart proposals that will deliver on our clients KPIs
- Helping sales & marketing to pitch decks for client meetings & formal RFPs
- Assisting sales & managers with managing client correspondence throughout the pre-sale process, especially as it pertains to specs, rates, assets required & our post-sale process.
- Help with transitioning sold-in campaigns to the Client Services team, ensuring all proposal details are clearly outlined
- Participate in trainings & roll out meetings to ensure you are aware of the latest product offerings available for our key beauty & fashion clients.
- Digest learnings from post-sale execution with key Fashion & Lifestyle clients & analyzing the campaign to gather strategic insights for future proposals
What you have:
- Experience as planner, account manager or similar digital role
- Experience in building digital media plans is required
- Passion for Marketing & improving how women are portrayed in media
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines & work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
To be successful here, you are already:
- A trusted teammate - your employees, peers, & co-workers value your ideas & contributions.
- Willingness to learn - you are passionate about building a career in marketing & are leaning in to attend trainings & work with Account Directors to develop your skills.
- Purpose-driven - Refinery29 is committed to supporting women in claiming their power in big & small ways. We are a purpose & mission-driven company & love people who have a passion to make a difference in their work.
- Self-starter - You have a vision for what needs to be done & you go about doing it & getting it done. You will not be micro-managed here. Well expect you to take full ownership of your area & your results.
- Open, collaborative & curious - this is an ever-changing company & we value people who listen & collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things.