BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed has an opening for an experienced Manager, Accounts Payable for our NY office location (it is expected that the position will be in a hybrid work environment, working from the office & home beginning in 2022). Reporting to our Senior Manager, Accounting you will be responsible for leading & supporting the day to day activities for all aspects of accounts payable across all divisions, entities & locations, mentor & develop the team, as well as set high standards for quality work. This individual must also have strong communication skills with individuals throughout the BuzzFeed organization including executives, in order to provide guidance as well as ensure compliance. The role will also entail financial statement close & reporting requirements globally, compliance with internal controls, various analyses, as well as day to day tasks..
As a member of a growing & fast-paced team, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's advancing business. Process driven, strong communication & a sense of ownership are necessary for this role. Additionally, as with any position involving financial responsibility, a sharp eye for detail & confidentiality are paramount.
You will be based in our NY office & will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting
- Strategically execute processes across the Accounts Payable department.
- Manage a team in a collaborative & supportive environment.
- Chart the strategic direction of the global accounts payable function & establish new policies & procedures to grow, improve, & enhance the department
- Tracking the accurate & timely processing of all payments & expenditures for domestic & international subsidiaries.
- Reconciling processed payments through verification of entries & other supporting documents to balances
- Maintain the accuracy of historical data & records.
- Perform month-end Accounts Payable closing duties & complete monthly reconciliations & create journal entries as necessary. Review all journal entries created by Accounts Payable staff
- Providing support in audit & tax preparation.
- Ensure that systems, policies, & procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy & timeliness.
- Corresponding with creditors & vendors regarding payments, outstanding credits & other finance-related inquiries. Provide resolution where necessary.
- Oversee the annual 1099 process.
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years progessive experience in accounting, including minimum 4 years experience in managing a team.
- Global AP experience at a large or mid-sized company
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Expert proficiency in Concur strongly preferred
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of risk & Sarbanes-Oxley compliance a plus
- Confidence in creating reports & presenting findings to senior executives
- Strong customer service experience
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.