Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Strategy team is a new & growing function here at Mailchimp that supports both the creation & deployment of strategy. We're looking for a Senior Manager of Strategy Activation to partner with company leaders & initiative owners to build & manage strategy plans for key projects that maximize value.
The Senior Manager of Strategy Activation will report to the Senior Director of Strategy to support the CSO (Chief Strategy Officer) & other company leaders to support the activation of major strategic initiatives across the company. The Senior Manager of Strategy Activation will work at the intersection of strategy & execution & will play a critical role in ensuring the success of Mailchimps most important projects. This person will help evaluate strategic priorities & opportunities, build plans that maximize growth & company value, frame options & facilitate trade-off decisions, & ensure strategic projects are successful.
What youll do here
- Act as part of an internal consulting team that supports initiative owners in managing Mailchimps most important projects
- Help to define the strategic initiatives (or Big Bets) that will enable Mailchimp to achieve its goals & objectives, including growth targets
- Identify major open questions surrounding growth plans & create frameworks to organize the problem & identify option spaces.
- Use frameworks to socialize with key stakeholders & guide problem-solving approach.
- Conduct external/competitor research, market sizing & growth projections to define the business targets & major growth levers for key projects
- Partner with initiative owners to build comprehensive roadmaps that accomplish initiatives key objectives within set timelines, including prioritization & sequencing of major milestones
- Identify & research new opportunities, including sizing & business case development. Help to socialize opportunities with senior leadership across the company to ensure buy-in
- Ensure key initiatives are achieving business objectives through proactive monitoring & analysis. Conduct ad-hoc deep-dive analyses to identify & recommend adjustments to strategy as needed.
- When major decisions or changes are needed, help to identify option sets, evaluate trade-offs through quantitative analysis & scenario modeling, & support senior leaders in finalizing & communicating decisions
- Act as a steward of Mailchimps Corporate Strategy by communicating strategic priorities across teams & leadership levels, & by ensuring strategic alignment within & across key projects
- Support CSO & Senior Director of Strategy & Planning in always-on strategy processes, including annual planning, new opportunity research, & creation of executive level presentations
- Assist in building the Strategy Office at Mailchimp through mentorship & coaching of new team members & facilitation of new team processes
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years of applied work experience in corporate or business development, corporate strategic planning, finance or related field, preferably with management consulting experience
- You have prior experience participating in or leading strategic planning activities, including demonstrated experience designing & enabling execution of complex, cross-functional initiatives, within a large-scale transformation context preferred.
- You are comfortable creating frameworks to organize, explain, & solve problems
- You have proven experience structuring ambiguous problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative & qualitative), synthesizing into insights, & driving toward actionable recommendations
- You are an influential communicator & are able to clearly explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry is highly valued.
- You have proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, & quantitative modeling
- Youre able to balance strong attention to detail while framing the big picture
- You are a fast learner with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies & domains.
- You bring a creative approach to problem-solving & thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You are highly motivated & able to drive work forward independently
- MBA is preferred, but not required
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!