Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty & grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover & shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man & expanded internationally, & in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers & operate in six countries, including France, Spain, UK, & Belgium. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
The Product Manager Role
Were looking for a well-rounded, enthusiastic product manager with exceptional instincts who can infuse the Birchbox brand into our digital experiences, beyond just look & feel. We need someone who gets how to put customers first even in the face of complex business problems & how to create experiences with emotion, not just achieve functional goals. Youre comfortable analyzing data but you understand how to look beyond the numbers in creating holistic solutions. Youd call yourself curious & thoughtful, & so would anyone youve worked with, because you get how to truly collaborate, not just hear what people have to say.
In this role, you'll be responsible for working collaboratively to create & improve features big & small across all areas of our product landscape (site, app, physical box) & using excellent communication & organizational skills to keep projects moving forward & all stakeholders informed. Youll work closely with all areas of the company from design, technology, & marketing to planning, customer operations, & logistics, all in the effort of creating consistent, best-in-class product experiences that our customers will love.
- Developing a deep understanding of our customers, our business, & our brand & guiding the design & implementation of the best experiences to meet our needs
- Driving product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design & development, through to launch & ongoing support & evolution
- Prioritizing the work we do in both short & long term roadmaps based on a balance of business goals & the needs of our customers
- Conducting quantitative & qualitative research to identify opportunities to design new features & optimize existing ones
- Working as a team with product & the larger Birchbox organization to ensure a consistent brand & customer experience
- You have experience in project management, product strategy, content strategy, user experience, or visual/UI design
- Your communication skills & social awareness are exceptional
- You dont need your hand held as you work youre self-motivated, well organized, & you have the analytical skills that allow you to make difficult decisions thoughtfully
- You have a strong understanding of current technologies & standards, & how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- You love to collaborate & dont view any task as too small
- You understand how to compromise without losing the integrity of your goals
- Youre joyful & upbeat & its obvious that you take pride in what you do
Some extras we value highly:
- Ecommerce experience
- UX/Visual/Product Design experience
- Startup experience
- Consulting or Agency experience