About the Team
Be a part of our extraordinary Branded Buying team, based in our London, UK office, & gain coveted experience in buying & merchandising being involved in all angles of the selection process, developing ranges that are client right, using data to support & drive business decisions you make.
About the Role
We are looking for a Womenswear Branded Assistant Buyer with multi product experience. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for style & trends, with demonstrated success leveraging data & client feedback to support rebuy & refresh opportunities as well as sourcing appropriate newness. You must have proven ability to develop close working relationships with your team & experienced partnerships within the supply base.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Take team ownership of the Buying Critical Path, from sourcing to delivery in line with timelines expected to achieve sales plan.
- Assist Buyer / Senior Buyer in developing & buying client right ranges across our brand portfolio (existing & new)
- Partner with the merchandising team & brand partners to ensure timely deliveries, & be solution orientated when issues arise.
- Develop working relationships with your brand portfolio, whilst understanding the importance of flexibility within the critical path.
- Manage, coach & develop the BAAs through management of the Critical Path.
- Critically analyse data reports alongside merchandising to support buying decisions for in season trading & strategy deep dives.
- Monitor & act on all client feedback ranging from style like/love to size, fit, & quality to continually improve product metrics.
- Constantly communicate with Merchandising team & Suppliers to manage the buying process, identify problems & propose solutions to the Buyer
- Identify & Analyse market trends across multi categories through competitor shops & industry research. Critically analyse findings to provide opportunities to drive department sales.
- Lead liaison between marketing/styling & buying teams to drive the presentation & promotion of merchandise assortment
- Lead liaison between the Buying & Operations teams, building internal stakeholder relations to streamline processes
Were excited about you because
- You can work in our London office (2-3 days week) with opportunity to work from home
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably as a Senior Buying Assistant or an Assistant Buyer
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) & have a working knowledge of financial measurements
- You have a sense of urgency when appropriate & understand how to address and/or resolve high priority issues
- You are comfortable in a start-up environment with an "all-hands on deck" mentality
- You are able to work independently as well as part of a team
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable working with brands & external groups
- You are extremely detail-oriented & organized
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright & kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.