Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role:
Are you the one your friends go to for product recommendations? Do you like digging into the nitty-gritty to find the best solution for everything? Do you have a soft spot for communicating with both numbers & words? Were growing our content team & looking for someone to take ownership of our product & company reviews & support our ambitious content growth.
The Reviews Editor will lead the research & creation of best-in-class financial reviews, ranging from insurance carriers to apps to banks & other institutions, by translating financial jargon & boiling down pros, cons, & features into quantifiable metrics. This role will report to the Senior Content Strategy Manager & work closely with our editors & product team.
- Write, refresh & edit long-form review content across multiple personal finance verticals
- Conduct extensive research on various personal finance products & institutions
- Compare relevant factors to create comprehensive & easy-to-understand rating methodology for review content
- Interview customers & potential users for feedback on & benchmarking of content
- Collaborate with our Senior Content Strategy Manager & product teams to help create best-in-class tools & content components
- 2+ years experience researching & writing review content
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as Operations, SEO, & Marketing
- Knowledge of insurance & personal finance fundamentals youd be comfortable giving advice to your friends & family
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)