The Privacy Counsel - US, will be responsible for advising the US business groups on privacy & data protection in the territory. This person will also be responsible for monitoring all new legal regimens in the territory that would have an impact on the company from a privacy & data perspective & ensuring the companys compliance with such regimens.
- Advise the company on privacy & data security & usage issues in the US
- Review new laws & regulations in the territory to ensure compliance for the Company
- Collaboration with the Legal Product team to ensure the compliance of the product & services
- Conduct impact assessments in collaboration with the Legal Product team to ensure that the company & its partners have implemented the appropriate safeguards
- Conduct due diligence with partners to ensure their compliance with the privacy laws
- Review data protection agreements & any privacy or data-related terms in commercial agreements, as requested
- Respond to third-party questionnaires related to privacy & data protection
- Create material support & carry out employee training according to the global privacy program
- Work with legal team as required, to provide support & assistance (Head of legal - North America)
- Assisting the DPO with requests & investigations from Data Protection Authorities
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the New York bar
- 3 to 5 years experience in a major law firm or corporation advising on compliance with privacy laws, regulations, policies & self-regulatory frameworks, including CCPA/CPRA & any other local regulations
- Experience providing legal advice in support of advertising & ad tech companies is strongly preferred
- Experience with drafting & negotiating data protection terms in commercial agreements
- Strong communications skills & ability to be able to condense complex legal subjects for specific audiences
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience drafting & reviewing data privacy agreements & clauses
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of Canadian Privacy laws is a plus
===== ABOUT TEADS ======
Teads operates a leading, cloud-based, end-to-end technology platform that enables programmatic digital advertising across a global ecosystem of quality digital media. As an end-to-end solution, Teads modular platform allows partners to leverage buy-side, sell-side, creative, data & AI optimization technologies.
For advertisers & their agencies, Teads offers a single access point to buy the inventory of many of the worlds best publishers. Through exclusive global media partnerships, Teads enables advertisers & agencies to reach 1.9 billion unique monthly users* in brand safe, responsible advertising environments, while improving the effectiveness & efficiency of digital ad transactions.
Teads partners with the leading marketers, agencies & publishers through a team of 1000+ people in 30 countries.
*Global reach as of October 2021