Lead QA Engineer - Compass Experience
New York City (Remote)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You will join our Compass-Experience team & be a subject matter expert in designing & developing software test & automation solutions across multiple squads. Using strong technical & leadership skills, you will lead the quality assurance team by providing guidelines for test processes, procedures, & documents. Enforce policies & standards, enable resource development & management, audit test activities, & deliverables.
You will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial & collaborative environment & be comfortable communicating & collaborating with multiple business & technical teams.
What you will do:
- Be the lead for testing & automation needs around our client-facing commercial website, enterprise software, APIs & backend services
- Define & drive QA strategy for different squads, including resourcing, testing methodology, & automation approach
- Represent the voice of QA in team-level & cross-team planning activities
- Identify, evaluate, & manage the documentation & deliverables required for each projects testing & automation
- Ensure high-quality test cases are created & maintained in our testing repository
- Balance workload among QA team members taking into account business needs as well as individual skills, interests, & availability
- Manage & execute QA test plans & be responsible for the overall delivery commitments.
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years in the Software Engineering industry
- You have 5+ years of hands-on QA experience using modern testing concepts, manual testing, test automation, & testing tools with at least 2 years in a lead QA role
- You have 4+ years working in a client-facing, high traffic commercial website either in a QA or developer role
- You are comfortable writing detailed test plans & manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- You have strong problem solving & root cause analysis skills, including debugging & log analysis
- You have hands-on experience writing, running, & maintaining automation test frameworks
- You have a working knowledge of Selenium Webdriver or Cypress IO or jasmine
- You have a good understanding of modern databases & experience with SQL queries
- You are familiar with agile software development processes & are ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience in automating build processes, application deployments & continuous integration systems like Circle-CI & Jenkins
Good to have:
- You have experience with API testing
- You have experience with testing mobile apps
- You have experience working in an offshore QA model
- You have strong project & program management skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!