CoinList is where the best crypto projects in the world raise capital & grow their communities, & is now home to one of the fastest growing exchanges in the business. Through our token sale platform, we've helped projects like Filecoin, Blockstack, & Algorand raise over $900 million. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF & NY, & are just getting started.
As a Finance Middle Office Operations Lead at CoinList youll work cross-functionally across our compliance, legal, engineering, & operations teams to communicate client feedback, escalate product & fraud issues, & suggest improvements. Youll be instrumental in communicating with our clients & ensuring a great client experience.
Our work is difficult & ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
Who you are:
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry & our customers. We process & manage large amounts of money on a daily basis & we prioritize keeping our clients interests at all times. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility & work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values & core to our success.
- Youre excited about cryptocurrency. CoinLists mission is to help the best crypto companies succeed by serving as a trusted advisor in the space. Were incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, & you should be too.
- Youre a proven operator. You have 3-5 years of middle office operations experience in a financial services or cryptocurrency company.
- You get stuff done. Youll have (often ambiguous) responsibilities ranging from helping customers to speccing out product improvements. CoinList is a low ego environment & you shouldnt be opposed to getting your hands dirty. Youre really excited about proposing & testing ideas based on issues & opportunities you see.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. Cryptocurrency moves fast & youll have to move fast as well, but we always ensure the accuracy of our work. Youll check then re-check all transactions & reports.
- Youre analytical. Youre fascinated by data & enjoy structuring complex & ambiguous problems.
- You deal well with pressure. CoinLists customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. There is a lot of money at stake at all times. You thrive under high pressure situations like this & enjoy keeping others calm, on task & on track.
What you will do
- Support the daily financial operations for our customers such as bank transfers, wire transfers & ACH processing. Youll monitor cryptocurrency & fiat balances on execution venues.
- Manage partner relationships. CoinList works with best in class partners across banking, lending, staking, & crypto custody. Youll interact with our partners to resolve issues, execute transactions, & build stronger relationships to help us scale our business.
- Design financial operation systems, policies, & procedures. CoinList operates a complex financial systems with many custody partners & execution venues, youll work with our operations & engineering teams to build processes & systems around managing liquidity across venues, reviewing customer transactions, & executing transactions.
- Ensure an outstanding customer experience. Crypto is complicated & always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, youll make sure every customer issue is resolved quickly & with care. Youll identify wallet & treasury issues & work across teams to solve the problem.
- Partner with our support team to troubleshoot clients transaction issues. You will identify issues impacting our customers, then define & implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Help us stay compliant. Ensure we are meeting the needs of our clients, while upholding strict compliance requirements.
- Participate in key projects or other special tasks as assigned. Work with colleagues to automate & improve processes, utilizing technology solutions as appropriate.
- 3-5 years of experience in middle office operations for a financial services or crypto company strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail. Clear & concise writing. Structured thinking.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Finance experience.
- Excellent analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Background in cryptocurrency/blockchain technology a strong plus.
Candidates must have clear communication skills & experience working in unpredictable, ever-changing environments. Ideal candidates will have the intelligence & willingness to dig into regulatory compliance & a passion for blockchain technology.