An Engineering Manager, Credentialing Applications is responsible for managing development teams for our Credentialing Applications & the effectiveness of those teams deliverables. More specifically, the person in this role is responsible for the technical direction of engineering efforts, design choices for software architecture, frameworks, protocols, & algorithms of the pertinent projects. Another critical component of the Engineering Manager, Credentialing Applications role is communication, ensuring that timelines, blockers, & other relevant information is communicated as quickly & clearly as possible up & down the organization.
The outcomes were looking for:
- The technical direction of the development team you support is aligned with the standards & practices of engineering leadership
- The design, specifications & estimating of engineering projects
- A regular cadence for communication of development project status to leadership is established
- The team develops stable software that satisfies product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- The team maintains high levels of code test coverage while delivering clean concise & understandable code
- Constructive feedback on architectural designs & code reviews is provided to the team
Technical Competencies Required:
- Software engineering management experience
- Senior level in Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails (5+ years)
- Ability to write & understand complex algorithms
- Expertise in:
- Relational databases, such as Postgres or MSSQL
- Document stores, such as ElasticSearch
- Spark or Pyspark a plus
Behavioral Competencies Desired:
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Product, Operations, & Client Success
- Curiosity & drive: Demonstrate curiosity & a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or havent yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical issues with the audience-appropriate level of detail in person & in writing
Organizational Competencies Desired:
- Works hard & smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability & working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion & commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks & writes clearly & directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speakers mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked & in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue an efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others contributions & support each other & drive everyone forward.