Faire is changing wholesale & helping local retailers compete with Amazon & the big box stores.
We're backed by the top VCs in the world (Sequoia, Khosla), we're lead by an experienced team (Square, Google), & we're building a world-class engineering culture of freedom & responsibility.
Our engineering team is growing fast & were looking to ensure that were deploying code that meets our quality standards. Were in need of someone who can take lead on ensuring that we avoid running into issues after our code is deployed.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Define & implement test strategies across multiple projects
- Take ownership of our code coverage & develop a strategy to increase it over time
- Work with the engineering team to choose the right tools to measure & enforce code quality
We're excited about you because you have...
- You can handle large projects independently with little supervision
- A passion for quality & creating & managing test frameworks
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry - experience
- A love for technology, & an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
- 5+ Years experience in a testing role/function
Bonus/Nice to haves:
- Production experience with a large scale website (e-commerce would be ideal)
- Experience with tests automation tools & frameworks
Technologies we use & teach:
- React (ReactJS, React.js), Redux, RxJS
- Jest, Puppeteer
You're excited about us because we offer...
- A small team, a relaxed & fun startup, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, & career growth
- Competitive compensation + Equity ($70k-$150k depending on experience & ability)
- Perks & benefits (full extended health & dental plan for you & your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer & pretzel game nights, & more!)
- Were growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something thats going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Google) & led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash).
- Great technology stack -- React/Redux & friends. Were going mobile, so that will be a great opportunity to stretch your skills with React Native.
- The business makes sense. Its straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners & to makers. You get to help change an industry for the better.
- Its beautiful. Work on something thats well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.
Were an on-site team in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. We cant do remote, but we can provide relocation & visas if needed.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US & Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, & making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers & makers to connect & succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 20,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product & engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) & the Cash app (Squares only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, & Forerunner, & we were named one of the top 8 companies at our Y-Combinator Demo Day last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join this movement with us.To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!