Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The AP/AR Team at CarGurus is looking to hire an AP/AR Co-op to join our team! You will have the opportunity to work in fast paced, web-based technology environment & to work within different facets of a corporate finance organization. The individual will be exposed to a variety of finance functions including accounting & reporting, purchase to pay, external audits, order to cash including billing & collection. This is a terrific opportunity to support an accounting team in an international environment, drive operational improvements within corporate finance, & get visibility into various finance functions.
This is a full-time, paid, Fall 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from July 2022 - December 2022.
What Youll Do:
- Support the accounting team with monthly close processes & performing account reconciliations
- Provide support for the year-end financial audit; track & organize audit request list
- Work with the Procure to Pay team to ensure timely payment of vendors
- Assist with Travel & Expense Reporting to ensure timely payment to employees
- Support Corporate Card Program to appropriately support CarGurus business expenses
- Provide support to Procure to Pay team on Key Performance Metrics & Reporting
- Perform ad-hoc projects as required by the management team
Who You Are:
- Candidate for a Bachelors degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Proven understanding of Excel (pivot table, VLOOKUP, charts, etc.) & other CRM skills a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Phenomenal teammate
- Highly organized & able to deliver workflow on time.
- Great communication skills (customers, sales, etc.).
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Currently, CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces on a voluntary basis. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 60% of the time later this year (specific date TBD). In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada & the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA & London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.