As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Solutions Planner will be an integral part of the Revenue Operations group, responsible for analysis, partnering closely with Sales & Account Management to create all media plans. This role will work closely with rev ops counterparts, sales, client success & product marketing, & across the Vox Creative, Experiential, Podcast, Concert & Display/Programmatic businesses.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for being an expert in Vox Media diverse lines of business & media product stack to match solutions with advertising objectives.
- Create media plans in internal OMS & client facing template based on rate & inventory guidelines, client KPIs & packaging strategies.
- Partner with sales & Account Management leads on analytics around aligned business including volume, trends, etc.
- Accountable for understanding Vox Media yield management to make informed rate exceptions & reserve inventory.
- Lead mid campaign optimizations where required to mitigate revenue at risk & low performance.
- Own internal communication (Sales, Vox Creative, Account Management, Campaign Management) through the plan creation process - keep internal account aware on lead times, distribution components etc. as plans takes shape.
- Join brainstorm meetings to provide proposal ideas & package solutions based on KPIs
What Youll Bring:
- A Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years of media planning experience in related field or company
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with strong self-directed learning abilities
- Excellent analytical skills & detail orientation
- Proficiency in MS Office & experience with digital tools
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.