About your role:
Fandom the largest global entertainment platform powered by fans is seeking a Manager of UX Research to manage & conduct research to gain a better understanding of how Fandoms users & creators engage across our sites & platforms. The Manager will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Analysts & Engineers to ensure that the voice of the consumer & a deep understanding of users needs & behaviors are core to all business initiatives. We are looking for smart, intentional problem-solvers who are interested in the intersection of pop culture & online communities, with a desire to learn more about what drives participatory experiences online.
- Gain a deep understanding of Fandoms current & future customers through a variety of qualitative & quantitative research methodologies
- Manage research projects end-to-end: gather requirements, develop guides & screeners, recruit, moderate, analyze, synthesize & communicate insights
- Partner with Product & Design to establish a strong feedback loop & ensure they have the necessary user input to craft successful user-centric experiences throughout the product development lifecycle, from ideation to execution & iteration
- Collaborate closely with analytics & other insights functions to craft 360 research projects, using the best methodologies across platforms to tell the complete consumer story
- Manage research quality, including scoping, study design, execution & analysis
- Test UX flows at different stages of the development lifecycle using wireframes, functional mockups, full websites experiences, etc.
- Effectively communicate & disseminate research findings among internal stakeholders, & develop strategic recommendations & insights-driven opportunities
- 5+ years of user research experience in fast-paced, consumer-facing product organization
- Experienced in planning, conducting & analyzing qualitative research studies - usability testing, IDIs, diary studies, collaborative group sessions, moderated & unmoderated remote testing, user journeys/personas, etc.
- Deep understanding of strengths & shortcomings of various qualitative & quantitative research methods, including when & how to apply them during the product development lifecycle
- Experience selecting & managing vendors across an array of methodologies
- A passion for understanding customer needs & motivations, & delivering the best experience for them
- Ability to multi-task & manage multiple projects at the same time
- A storyteller with the ability to uncover & share insights vs. data
- Demonstrated success influencing product & design decisions based on research insights
- Highly organized & detail oriented
- Proactive & adaptable
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches & Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies & healthy food options
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49